Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

J.T.R. in Toronto 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » J.T.R. in Toronto 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2938
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hanney! You utterly absurd boy! How dare you try to hoodwink your form master into believing that you have shared your hamper, when I have often had occasion to punish you for nefariously purloining comestibles which belong to your fellow pupils. Only yesterday i had occasion to cane you for devouring Cutbush Minor's steak and kidney pie.

I do not climb walls, Hanney! You are impertinent, Hanney!

Quelch

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I-Im I-M pertinant s-s-ir ... not me sir ..Barnett Minor was the incontinent one...Matron will justify!
As to the caning si-s-s-s-s-ir a mere nothing!
ps Have the corned beef you asked me to keep and the rhubarb jam still hidden under Barnett Minors bed!
HM

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2943
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hanney! What became of the duty free items I requested you to obtain in Canada? Where are the cigars, Hanney? Where is the vintage wine from the southern slope of the vinyard? Where are the Gene Pitney records?

Angry Quelch

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AAAAAAAAAAAAhsoooor

I sent the cigars to mine papa,drank the results of the vineyard with Barnett Minor behind the stables and the Gene Pitney was taken off of me at customs depite me mentioning your illustrious name ...Sor!

Miserable Hanney

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2945
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Upon my word! Hanney! What did you call me in the first line of your letter? This is not the kind of language that can be tolerated at Greyfriars.

Short-sighted Quelch

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whatho sor!
My Mater and Pater always told be I'd go blind in the end.....seem to have gone blind BOTH ends!
Oooooooooops sorry about the Gramaticus Mr Q

Reading glasses HM
(ps teee heeeeee yaroooo!)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1181
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

V-E-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-RY QUIET SOR
HOPE MATRON HASNT KEPT YOU IN THE SAN FOR THE NIGHT
hm

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2952
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am quiet, Hanney, because I am marking your Latin homework. But have no fear, Hanney : soon I shall be marking you. Hanney! You have translated the word "amo" as "bullets." Explain yourself this instant, Hanney!

Quelch

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sor...Sorry for the delay but..
Have just finished copying out
'Apparent rari nantes in gurgite vasto'
500 times
and ...have been told by Matron to remember that..
'Dux femina facti'
Gosh hope she's right!

HMin

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2956
Posted on Sunday, September 05, 2004 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hanney! I find it difficult to believe that you have suddenly taken an interest in Latin. When I told you that I had read Cicero's letters, you accused me of steaming them open.

Quelch

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

'Claudite iam rivos.pueri;sat prata biberunt'

Roughly trans as 'Close the sluices now lads the fields have drunk enough!' hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Think that may be the wrong way around!¬ Sir!
HM

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2962
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hanney! Apparent rari potores in gurgite vasto.

I am prepared to wager my paperback copy of Horace's Odes - signed by Horace himself - that you cannot tell me the name of the 70s popular performer who wrote a song entirely in Latin.

Quelch

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2963
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hanney! I have said that the song was entirely in Latin. However, I now recall that there were also some English words. Accordingly, I have now caned myself.

Exacting Quelch

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1193
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mr Quelch Sor!
Was it by any the 'erbert who went by the name of Mike Oldfield??? In dulce Jub etc etc ?????
?
didnt know that you kept a phonograph in your study sor!

HM

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All I can say to those who mock us Latin students on this thread Sor is...
Procul,o procul este,profani!!
...he he
HM

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

at the end of the dat ..Non Omnia possimus omnes!!!!
HM

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2965
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hanney! The popular performer in question was Mr Cat Stevens, who included the song "O Caritas" on his "Catch Bull at Four" album. He subsequently converted to Islam - and possibly to metric too.

Know-all Quelch

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1197
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

d d d e e aaar M m m m r q q q uelch s s s or

I remember Mr Felis as a great singer before his c c c con v v version sor!
(What makes it worse... I had that on vynil...that looks wrong!!or that proper sort of record thing! vynyl...... or that stuff anyway!
VY N A L L !
)
HM

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2969
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In vinyl veritas, Hanney!

Moooon shadow, moon shadow.

Cool Quelch

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oooooooooh god! that means......'I'm being followed!!! God! Stalker!!!!!

Cool Quelch!!! WHAT an image!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.