Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Serial Killers of I-45 HWY Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Shades of Whitechapel » Serial Killers » Serial Killers of I-45 HWY « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

M.Mc.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 9:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since I live in Houston, Texas I bring this case up and I follow this one for personal reasons as well. The I-45 Serial Killers of Houston, Texas.

Most of the motives for the multiple serial killers on I-45 seem to be simple cases of rape, sexual abuse and murder. The victims often disappeared while out alone, then weeks or months later turning up dead. Thus leaving no hint as to their attacker's identity typically. The too well-publicized cases were in 1997 when 1st little Laura Smither who was 12 disappeared while jogging near her home. The horrific fate of this girl and her disappearance came to an end, when her decapitated body was found in a pond almost three weeks later. The 2ed when Jessica Lee Cain who was 17 vanished leaving just her empty pickup truck parked on the shoulder of I-45. She is still missing. There are many cases of lost females in and around Houston, their fates are lost to us.

There are around 200 unsolved murders of women and girls in Houston and the surrounding areas.

Since 1971 when the first victim was killed there has been a blood stain on I-45 Galveston County to Harris County. The ages of the victims range from nine to seventy-seven. These females have been killed in numerous ways and logic points to any number of suspects. Meaning that Houston has a rash of Serial Killers, not only one. Much of the evidence also points to any number of suspects and there are gaps in the time line of bodies found. So even though one suspect is watched by police or even caught, there is still much to fear in the Bayou City. The places these victims were taken from and the way they were killed or in some cases these victims vanished. This also points to more than one killer and this opens up questions as to who they are. Is Interstate 45 and other areas around the area known to killers as a convenient dumping ground? Are there partners in crime working together? Why are there years when no females abducted or murdered? How many killers were and are still lurking in this 50 mile area between Houston and Galveston? How many more victims will be added to the list of dead or missing? These are some really scary stats and the media has been playing them down since the very start. There are far too many unsolved crimes in and around this part of Texas. Something is very wrong when crime of this nature goes on for so long without most of the puplic knowing it. When the media does report on these crimes they do so as all these crimes stand alone and move on to the next story. Is it because they do not wish to alarm the puplic or is it that they don't want the area look bad? Perhaps because they would lose business and tourist, thus lossing money. What kind of progress can a ever growing city and beach resorts make with unsolved crime in it's shadows? When females in these areas keep ending up brutally killed and missing? The patchwork of jurisdictions makes it easy to cloak activities simply by crossing the city limits for these predators. Computer analysis of the areas and what decades where bodies have been found, shows patterns of evidence. These patterns point to many killers and the victims taken also point to this as well. While investigators believe there are a least a dozen serial killers living in or around the city. Perhaps some just passing through this death zone on a regular basis from other places. It rages from an elderly woman was taken from her home, to prostitutes working the streets and children. Females abducted from the motels, convenient stores, coaxed from nightclubs, neighborhoods, malls, school and so on. Methods of murder rage from headwounds, severe beatings and many methods of strangulation. For more on this check out these links...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/525273.stm

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/killersatlarge.html

http://www.crimesearch.net/index.html

Emale73
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 6:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

M.Mc,
I saw a short item on tv a while back about this. I live in Houston too and have heard nothing about this. No one seems concerned. The tv report said that cops believe at least 3 killers are operating in the area. I have to wonder with you why there is no public outcry about this.

John Nichol
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 3:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi.

They do seem to have caught one of the Houston serial killers - Anthony Allen Shore. He is scheduled to go on trial next month, I think. He's charged with four murders in Houston City and they suspect he's done more. He lived in League City till he was 13, so they were interested in him for the Calder Road murders as well. The four murders he's charged with were Laurie Lee Tremblay, Maria Del Carmen Estrada, Diana Rebollar and Dana Sanchez.

You'll be very well-placed to follow his trial. living in Houston.

Maybe you can give us a heads-up on anything interesting there.

Houston has some strange disappearances. Do they still talk about Tara Breckenridge?

Regards,

John Nichol

http://www.inside-serial-murder.net

Emale73
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John,
Anthony Allen Shore actually lived only a few miles from where I live in Houston's east side. I help run a recovery center for alcoholics that is almost right around the corner from where Shore was living when he was arrested. Maybe I'm paranoid, but some times I wonder about some of the guys that pass through the center.

M.Mc.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The "Anthony Allen Shore" case has failed to show him as anything but a liar. There have been many men say they killed somebody just for the heck of it. It means nothing if nothing comes up to fit the pieces together. This seems as if this is true in his case too.

M.Mc.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 9:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops! Sorry I was thinking about Mark Stallings not Anthony Allen Shore in my last post above. My bad! Mark Stallings is a liar but Anthony Allen Shore was nailed for 4 murders. However, his 4 murders were on the WEST side of Harris County. Therefore I doubt you could call him one of the "I-45 killers" as far as that goes. Lots of murders go on in Houston and it's hard to keep up with them sometimes.

S. Cronin
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I grew up in Houston, and haven't lived there for the past 5 years.....but I am wondering...are these "I-45 killers" referring to the "Killing Fields"? I have heard the killing fields as being a place where several of female victims have been found murdered........can anyone confirm that these are the same?

Allan Kingley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 12:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do not know much about the subject being new to Houston, but here is another web someone at work showed me. I do not know if or how it connects? AlK

batonecro.com

M.Mc.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 5:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

S. Cronin - The League City "Killing Fields" in the 3000 block of Calder is only one case of the I-45 murders. There were four victims found in the "Killing Fields" but there have been and are many other victims all along I-45. The first case of victims happened back in the 1970's and the Houstoon FBI know that there are many killers at large at any given time. A few of these killers have been caught in fact. If you look around on the internet you will find out more about many other I-45 murders than just the Killing Fields. One 17 year old girl named Jessica Cain has been missing since 1997. She was on I-45 going home, she never made it but her dad found her empty truck on the I-45 shoulder. What happened to Jessica Cain was only a few months after 12 year old Laura Smither's body was found.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.