Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Ripperologist: issue 50th Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Periodicals » Ripperologist » Ripperologist: issue 50th « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ripperologist
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The November issue of Ripperologist (No. 50) will be soon available. And it's a milestone!

Its contributors include Anne Perry on the memory of Jack the Ripper, Kim Newman on Jack the Ripper in DVD, Donald Rumbelow on Rumbiliana, Birgitta Leufstadius and Ted Nye on Elizabeth Stride, L Perry Curtis on the Ripper's Irish Connection, Stepan Poberowski on Nikolay Vassiliev and many, many more!

Order your copy now.

Contact Coral Kelly, Subscriptions Manager, 170 Eswyn Road, Tooting, London SW17 8TN, United Kingdom or coralkelly52@hotmail.com: one copy, £4, US$ 10 or Euros 6.

Better still, subscribe! Annual subscription (six issues) cost £24, US$60 or Euros 36 - inclusive of postage.

Imagine: Ripperologist on your doorstep!

KEEP WATCHING THIS SPACE

Ripperologist
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RIPPEROLOGIST 50 IS GONE TO PRESS!

The November issue of Ripperologist (No. 50) will be available within a few days.

Its contributors include mystery great Anne Perry on why we remember Jack the Ripper, novelist and critic Kim Newman on 'Jack the Ripper' DVDs, Donald Rumbelow on 'Rumbiliana', or what a world-famous Ripper author does in his free time, L Perry Curtis on the Irish Connection, Shirley Harrison on the history of the Ripper Diary, Stepan Poberowski on Nikolay Vassiliev and the Russian Castrati, Birgitta Leufstadius and Ted Nye on Elizabeth Stride's early life in Sweden, Bernie Brown on the man who caught Charlie Peace, Eduardo Zinna on the Ripper and Santa Claus, Wilf Gregg on violent crime, Rob Hills on Jack the Knacker, Chris Scott on census research, Christopher-Michael DiGrazia on time travel (of sorts), news, reviews, adverts, memorabilia, competitions, the Abberline Jr cartoon and much, much more!

Get your copy now! One single copy, £4, US$ 10 or Euros 6.

Better still, subscribe!

The cost of an annual subscription is £24, US$ 60 or Euros 36 for six issues, inclusive of postage.

Contact Coral Kelly, Subscriptions Manager, 170 Eswyn Road, Tooting, London SW17 8TN, United Kingdom, or coralkelly52@hotmail.com.

You can't complete your Ripperologist collection any more, because many issues are sold out, but if you act now you can still get a few old issues that are still available. But you are advised not to wait too long.

Ripperologist's website is now under construction. Visit it at: www.ripperologist.info, for sample articles, general information, and much more.

And remember that, many years from now, your children might ask you what did you do when Ripperologist was in its golden era of publication in the editorial hands of Paul Begg, Eduardo Zinna and Christopher George, the designing brain of Adam Wood and the financial acumen of Coral Kelly. What will you answer?

ACT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE}

Ripperologist
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IF YOU HAVEN'T ORDERED RIPPEROLOGIST 50 YET YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT DELIVERED TO YOUR HOME

What are you waiting for?

Jason Scott Mullins
Sergeant
Username: Crix0r

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jack the Ripper in dvd? Is this a new movie or documentary?

crix0r

Adam Wood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear all

To celebrate our 50th issue we're extending an offer to new subcribers - 7 issues for 6! Subscribe to Ripperologist via our website before 31 December 2003 and your subscription will cover an extra issue.

Regards
Adam
www.ripperologist.info

Adam Wood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jason, Kim Newman has reviewed the DVD releases of three movies titled Jack the Ripper (Karloff 1959, Kinski 1976, Caine 1988).

Adam

Monty
Chief Inspector
Username: Monty

Post Number: 562
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eduardo,

Got my 1st (your 50th Edition) for xmas....also a subscription for a pressie.

Enjoyed it.

Just for info.

Uk tv channel four tonight, 9pm. Bodyshock series.

Profile on Mr Merrick the Elephant Man.

Monty
:-)

Monty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 730
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 4:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guys,

Just a quick question...nothing to worry about....yet !

Issue 51.....on its way ??

Monty....who cannot wait !

PS Please ignore this ps as its only sole purpose is to pass the 25 word rule !

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 632
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Errr, I'm confused. Which issue was the one in January it's just that Monty makes it sound like it came out on December and that the next one is this month when I'm sure it was March. I only just subsribed to it in January and I must say it is a wonderful magazine, can't wait for the next one.

Sarah

Alan Sharp
Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 436
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 6:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guys,

Issue 51 has been published (I have a copy in front of me right now). It was due out in January but was late. I got my copy on Saturday at the City Darts, but the subscription copy has not dropped through my letter-box yet so I guess they are still busy with the address labels or something. Rest assured you will be recieving it soon (a thing I am very excited about for reasons which will become clear when it arrives).

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 633
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 6:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alan,

Oh, that's ok then I must already have issue 51 then, it must have been the one I got in January. That's ok, I thought I was behind.

Sarah

Here are some pointless words for your pleasure.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty

Don't worry, sometimes they run late and last year even changed schedules (i.e. the months of publishing). The first time this sort of thing happened, I was ringing Coral to make sure that mine hadn't got lost in the post, but now I don't get worried.

It's a fine mag and, like Jack, a bit unpredictable as to its next appearance.

Robert

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 227
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 7:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
I have not had mine yet. If you are to do with it please hurry it along!
I only subscribed in time for last one so didn't know Jans was out yet.
Jennifer D. Pegg

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 594
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, all

Indeed, Ripperologist 51 is on its way to those who subscribe, and some as Alan stated already received copies at the City Darts this past weekend. And aas our Editor-in-Chief Paul Begg would say, if you don't subscribe, why not? The cover article of Ripperologist 51 is a fine article by Jeff Bloomfield on Deeming's defense and the Privy Council which told me a lot that I did not know about Mr. Deeming and the legal system of colonial Australia and Britain of the day. We are now working on Ripperologist 52 (March 2004) which will have more information on Liz Stride's Swedish background and thus will be yet another must-have issue. And again, folks, if you don't subscribe, why not???? laugh

All the best

Chris George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Monty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 732
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris,

And again, folks, if you don't subscribe, why not????

I do.....but I aint got it yet !!!

Seriously, thanks folks.....not that I was getting worried or anything !!!

Monty

Adam Wood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 6:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty, Sarah

Glad to hear you're enjoying the magazine. Issue 50 was published in November, with issue 51 being due for publication in January. However, a delay occurred for various reasons too detailed to go into here, although the issue is being mailed today. Here's the cover. Issue 52 is already well under way and will be published in March, back on track.

Regards
Adam
Production, Ripperologist

January Ripperologist

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 638
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I must have got a late copy of issue 50 in January then even though I didn't subscribe until January because I certainly got an issue a few weeks ago. Oh well if there's another on it's way then that's fine by me.

Sarah

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.