Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Candidacy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » "Lodger, The" » Candidacy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Sipka
Sergeant
Username: Peter

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just thought I'd start a "subthread" regarding The Lodger's status as the Ripper-Tumblety or not.

-Peter-

(Message edited by peter on November 28, 2003)

Spinner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I strongly suspect that the lodger was the ripper.I also firmly believe that the lodger was none other than James Maybrick.

spinner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While I'm on this post, can anyone refresh my memory as to where the name G. Wentworth Bell Smith originated in relation to one of the lodger theories? Many thanks in anticipation.

Tiddley boyar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone refresh my memory and tell me where the name G. Wentworth Bell Smith originated in ripper history with respect I believe to one of the 'lodger' scenarios? Many thanks in anticipation.

shelley wiltshire
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tumblety doesn't fit the profile of the Ripper,
for one he was 'purely homosexual' he was not bisexual, he had been married, but this was rather a marriage of convienence, than of love or friendship (Tumbelty was rather concerned how he appeared in society). In Stewart Evan's book (which i'm not knocking by the way it had some good and useful info), the man with the carrotty moustache and blotchy face, carrying a can of beer into Mary Kelly's room, was the man before she was seen later, this time with a dark haired man by witness George Hutchinson. If memory serves it was stated that semen was found inside kelly's body. So Kelly must have had sex with the carrotty moustached, blotchy faced man, which Stewart Evan's claims to be Tumblety. Homosexuals cannot have sex with the opposite sex, also 'Ripper' killer's do not have sex with their victims, rather they masturbate or they wait to masturbate in another area other than the crime scene with trophy piece in tow.

Scott Suttar
Detective Sergeant
Username: Scotty

Post Number: 133
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Shelley,

I find your assertions in your post above....well... unbelievable.

We do not know that Tumblety was purely homosexual as you put it. The fact that he was married clearly implies that he had sex with women, it would be unusual for no sex at all to occur in a marriage. You state "Homosexuals cannot have sex with the opposite sex". I know of several homosexuals who I know for a fact have had sex with the opposite sex. And my experiences are based in a far more open society than that of Victorian London, where homosexuality was taboo, and I would guess that many homosexuals kept up the pretence of being hetrosexual, even if that meant occassionally having to have intercourse with the opposite sex.

I am unsure about the assertion that semen was found in Kelly, but will re-read before I get on my soap box about that.
Scotty.

Richard Brian Nunweek
Chief Inspector
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 977
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 3:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Shelley,
The Ripper Victims [ including Kelly] showed no signs of sexual intercourse having taken place shortly before death.
There is certainly no report of semen being found in kelly, which is not surprising considering the mutalated state of the body.
Regards Richard,

Scott Suttar
Detective Sergeant
Username: Scotty

Post Number: 137
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for that Richard, just saved me from re-reading Bond's report again.

(Message edited by Scotty on July 26, 2004)
Scotty.

Rick Mattix
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not advocating any particular suspect necessarily nor suggesting that Marie Belloc Lowndes' The Lodger is based on actual incidents but I have noticed a similarity in background between the fictional "Avenger" and James Kelly, in that both committed murders in Liverpool, were committed to Broadmoor, and allegedly escaped with a bunch of money to the embarrasment of their keepers. Does seem quite a coincidence.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.