Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Joseph Barnett discussion - continued Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Barnett, Joseph » Joseph Barnett discussion - continued « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 08, 2003Caroline Anne Morris25 8-08-03  8:27 am
Archive through August 10, 2003Leanne Perry25 8-10-03  6:47 pm
Archive through August 14, 2003Monty25 8-14-03  11:51 am
Archive through August 16, 2003Robert Charles Linfo25 8-16-03  8:56 pm
Archive through August 20, 2003Richard Brian Nunwee25 8-20-03  3:51 am
Archive through August 24, 2003Leanne Perry25 8-24-03  8:54 am
Archive through September 08, 2003Glenn L Andersson25 9-08-03  2:54 pm
Archive through September 13, 2003Frank van Oploo25 9-13-03  9:46 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector
Username: Robert

Post Number: 743
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Frank

Bob Hinton reckons that Abberline made out he believed Hutchinson because of the danger of Press leaks, but privately suspected him.

We'd better not talk about Hutchinson on this thread - Leanne has already ejected people from the Barnett thread for doing just that!

"From Hell" is a very good read, and Hutchinson is one of those people (like Cutbush and Cohen) that I wish was discussed more.

Robert

Richard Brian Nunweek
Inspector
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 242
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi New poster?.
Thanks for the encouragement, Leanne and myself expect critism, but that is fair play, we just aim to produce a factual book , with a lot of plausible speculation, that will be intresting to our readers.
we both to state the obvious , have a passionate feel for this case, and share Barnett as number one suspect, the book is going well , but it is to early to say when the date for publication will be , it is never easy to predict that .
Regards Richard,

j
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard & Leanne
I have been a "fan" (so to speak) of the Jack the ripper case for some time, not to mention many other "true crime" writings, but Jack is special. He does not have the title of 1st serial killer,but he seems to have been the smartest,not to mention most intelligent but insane? How many times have we heard of the intellectually insane. Brillant in some cases but insane. Able to pass oneself off as just the nice "guy " next door, but smarter than you think. Insane at times but not to alert others. Mundane at times but sharp as a tack. THere have been many instances of very
smart, though underachievers, who could convience even the experts that they are laid back, boy next door type who could howl at the moon and no one would ever know. There are more books now available on JtR then there ever was, many are good reading, with painsaking research, and quote a good case, but Jack was either very smart or had family or friends who knew who he was. This can apply to almost any suspect. I hope Jack is discovered. I think he already has been, regaardless whether it is your suspect or not.Why? you ask. To free the reputations of those not guilty and to put a rest to the hard work of all the researchers, police, authors,etc.
It would be sad in a way to close the book on Jack but it would also be a great relief to many.
I think we will be in awe when we finally know who he is, and will not be expecting it to be so final.
again many good wishes for your new book. Keep on trucking.
j

Leanne Perry
Chief Inspector
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 662
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 3:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day j,

We don't hope to end the debate over the Ripper's identity, mate. We just want to add food-for-thought. There may be new things to consider about the case, new things to debate, different angles to look at.
When I read my first Ripper book, Joseph Barnett was right near the bottom of the favourite suspect list!

LEANNE

Peter Sipka
Police Constable
Username: Peter

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Leanne,
Have you figured out a date for your book or is it still too early to say?

-Peter-

Leanne Perry
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 948
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Peter,

Richard and I teamed up on this project in about March this year. We had ten decent sized chapters written after about six months. Richard has more to add and I am still finding things to add. We're making a note of names and issues that appear in each chapter as we go, and then when the publisher numbers the pages we can complete the final index.

Neither of us has written a book before, so we have no idea how long it takes once you get to a publisher. There's a publisher on the internet, who promises to have your work ready for people to order over the internet rather soon. But then we've got to consider how to get it into the book shops. How do you figure out a date?

LEANNE

Alan Sharp
Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 2:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Leanne

Are you planning to publish privately then? I don't know how things work in Australia, but if you were to look for a publisher in the UK, get hold of a book called "Writers Handbook 2004" which lists every publishing house, gives details of what main types of titles they look for and gives the names of the particular editors who deal with that type of material. Then send usually a synopsis and a few sample chapters directly to that named person for any of them which look like they might be interested. The JTR field might sometimes look saturated, but that is because it is a subject that sells and a well written JTR book is likely to interest at least a few publishers.

Peter Sipka
Sergeant
Username: Peter

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Leanne,
Will you be releasing this book everywhere? Including the U.S.?

-Peter-

Leanne Perry
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 949
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

Well Richard lives in England, and I live in Australia. This book will be interesting because it was co-written by two people who live so far apart. I'll tell Richard to get hold of that book you mention Alan, thanks! And we'll make sure it's available in the U.S. too!

LEANNE

Warwick Marshall Parminter
Police Constable
Username: Rick

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard 111 lived five hundred and odd years ago.
He is supposed to have killed the princes in the tower, maybe!! today some people say he did, some people say he did'nt. Nobody can prove it, --one way or another, nor won't
JtR was around one hundred and fifteen years ago, whoever he was his life wasn't chronicled like Richard 111's life, comparing the two, JtR was a pinch of dirt, so were his victims. If the killer of the princes,---one a prospective king of England can't be proved, then what chance does this mystery stand of being cleared up?
But I think Barnett is a good bet,--even if it can't be proved
Rick

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.