Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

PROOF OF JOES GUILT? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Barnett, Joseph » PROOF OF JOES GUILT? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 10, 2004Suzi Hanney50 6-10-04  1:21 pm
Archive through January 03, 2005Robert Charles Linfo50 1-03-05  11:40 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, and look at the headgear -- a cloth peaked cap??????

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Frank van Oploo
Inspector
Username: Franko

Post Number: 410
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great picture Glenn!

But are my eyes playing tricks on me or is Barnett really disguised as a box?

Best,
Frank

"Every disadvantage has it's advantage."
Johan Cruijff

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2662
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Frank.

Hehe... are you referring to the white sign on the corner building behind him...? :-)

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 3747
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A peaked cap indeed. And you can just make out Hutchinson standing outside the orange-brown building holding a pink umbrella.

Robert

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2664
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert,

Rats! I missed that one.

Frank,

Did you maybe refer to the beige cardboard box on the pavement to the left? No, that's just Houdini practising.

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Frank van Oploo
Inspector
Username: Franko

Post Number: 413
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Ahh, so that's who it is. He still resembles Barnett somewhat though...

Best,
Frank
"Every disadvantage has it's advantage."
Johan Cruijff

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1768
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 2:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I WAS CONVINCED that was the brolly he came back from Romford under!
Whats that to the front of Joes overcoat tho??? oooooooh eh?

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1769
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 2:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RIGHT......................spot the brolly!..........same guy I reckon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xsuzi

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2668
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 2:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Suzi!!!!!!!!
But look at the name on the truck!!!!!
Richard never ever seems to get off Barnett's back, is he?

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Glenn,
I Forgot about that time of my life, It was proberly early fifties, when i used to acompany my uncle around Whitechapel, although only 4/5 years old i used to observe any suspicious character, that was in the Dorset street area.
The good old days...
Rickard oops sorry Richard.

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2670
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 3:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard,

The good old days indeed.
I just wish I could have been able to see Dorset Street and other places as they once were, when they existed. Watching that modern car park really didn't give that much and I didn't even take a photo of it. Seemed like rather a waste of effort.

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1236
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 3:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Glenn,
I Agree Whitechapel is nothing like its fomer self, however i still get a buz everytime i visit the place, i started off in the sixties when Duval street was intact, and a lot of the sites were atmospheric, i used to walk round the area, as mentioned before do a pilgimage on the exact dates of the murders at the same time, it was a good experience in scaring a 18 year old to death.
However i was a bit young to understand the relevance of it all.
Richard.

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2672
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 3:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard,

"do a pilgrimage on the exact dates of the murders at the same time"

That is actually exactly what I do in connection with the old local murder cases here at home (I annualy take a "anniversary walk" at the same places and at the corret time), or at least one of them. I know the feeling.
But then I am a hopeless romantic and sensitive person, with a flair for atmosphere.

As I've mentioned earlier, I was actually rather blown away by the atmosphere in Gunthorpe Street, which really has an old feel to it.
And although Mitre Square is completely changed and rebuilt, I found it quite creepy -- probably because of the fact that the original cobble stones and layout of the "square" (rather, back yard...) were still there.

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 4:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Glenn,
Three experiences stick out from forty years ago , firstly Bucks row[ Durward street] to walk through Brady street at approx 320am, and enter Bucks row a couple of minutes later when the area was deserted, left with the limited knowledge of the case i had. was a scary experince, simply because of the quiteness and the feeling of being alone, i did not feel any presence[ thank god] but it was a fightening event.
Mitre square was completly different then todays commercial workplace, but to walk through the square by yourself on the 30th sept at 130am, freaked me out , because again the feeling of being alone.
But the most memory i have carried with me was walking down Duval street, on a saturday afternoon, not on the anniversary of kellys death. there was activity on the commercial street end[ as it was saturday] however the whole street [ duval] was erie quiet, and so peaceful, it left me feeling a sense of peace, like was unreal.
A weird experience, that has always stayed with me.
Regards Richard.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1779
Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 3:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard
Missed that on the lorry!!!!! WONDERFUL 'eh!!!!!
I MUST agree with you re Mitre Square ...certainly at night but in the daytime too has a terrific atmosphere without a doubt
Suzi

zxcter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Case for Joe
1)Smooth talker - He somehow talk Mary Kelly to live with him after the second day they've met.
(smooth talk the other victims at critical times?)
2)knows about the door and broken window glass
and possible routines at Miller's Court at different times
Case against Joe
1)Looking at 25 year-old Mary Kelly naked - "No,I'd rather have a 40 year old woman's uterus and entrails"
2)Bringing previous victim's body parts(12ft*12ft.)home early in the morning - a)Joe goes to sleep and snore
b)wake every minute or so,maybe Mary Kelly will discover it - Hey Joe i'm glad you brought food home - (damn_ _ when can i enjoy this alone).
3)Blood in his coat - Hey Joe i'm glad you found job as a fish porter again.
4)reading newspaper to Kelly after murders- Hey Joe didn't you come in around that time - Hey Joe were'nt you out at that time.

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

My thoughts:
1) He was earning a good wage. He had a job as a fish porter that he'd held since he left school and could promise Mary kelly a good, clean life, without her having to resort to prostitution. I can't say what he said to 'smooth talk' the other victims, but he was a local familiar face that would have appeared 'safe'.

2) 'knows about the door ...' He certainly knew how to get in that room and how to move back the 'curtain' to check that she was alone.

3) I don't think the Ripper would have worried about the victims age once she was dead, but the fact is that he could have taken any of Mary Kelly's organs, (and could have taken her kidney or uterus), but instead he stole her heart.

4) Why did he have to bring any body parts home with him into the 12x12 room? He had access to hiding spots all over the East End. The murders happened before work so he would have had to hide bits somewhere.

5)'Blood in his coat' How much blood do you think his clothes soaked up? Any traces of blood could have easily been explained.

6) 'reading newspaper to Kelly after murders...' Mary would have naturally had concerns and fears about the times Joe was out, plus any blood spots. Many 'wives' would have but they would have wanted more proof. Maybe her uncertainty was the reason she asked her friends to stay against Barnett's wishes. Maybe that's why he wasn't asked back once Maria Harvey had moved out. Perhaps he realized that his 'game' could've been over soon. and that's why the Ripper murders appeared to have stopped once she was dead.

LEANNE

Zxcter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 4:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1)I was saying looking at a living Mary kelly and instead prefered a dead 40 year old woman's uterus and entrails.(previous murders)
2)I believe he took body parts for a private time with it, for a bizzare reason,not hide it,come back and take risks again.
3)He must have some amount of blood.Explain blood when you don't have a job? Several different days? Maybe early in the morning?

zxcter
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 8:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another case against Joe
-Joe is thinking-I could kill Mary on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday or Thursday,but no Friday or the weekends is better..

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.