Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Forthcoming book? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Victims » Carrie Brown » Forthcoming book? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kelly Robinson
Detective Sergeant
Username: Kelly

Post Number: 62
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Wolf.
This seemed like a good place to post kudos for your article in Ripper Notes. It was deeply detailed, unbiased, and generally well done. I thought when I read it that it was a book excerpt because it seemed so complete, then I read that you are considering expanding it into one. I believe that such a book, written by you, would be well received, for what that's worth.
Hoping it comes out soon,
Kelly
"The past isn't over. It isn't even past."
William Faulkner

Jason Scott Mullins
Inspector
Username: Crix0r

Post Number: 297
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I second that, Kelly.

While I have yet to read the article (Real LifeŽ is quite time consuming, unfortunately) you mentioned, I do like AP's style..

That reminds me, I really should subscribe to some of these publications (Ripper Notes, etc).

crix0r
"I was born alone, I shall die alone. Embrace the emptiness, it is your end."

Kelly Robinson
Detective Sergeant
Username: Kelly

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I should clarify for you, Jason, that the article is by Wolf Vanderlinden and not A.P. You'll notice that he's contributed to the Carrie
Brown thread quite a bit. And do read the article if you get a chance. It's pretty in-depth.
Kelly

"The past isn't over. It isn't even past."
William Faulkner

Jason Scott Mullins
Inspector
Username: Crix0r

Post Number: 298
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahh why thank you Kelly. The caffeine hadn't kicked in yet, my sincerest apologies.

However, my original statement still stands: I like Wolf Vanderlinden's work as well. He provided a breadth of information when I decided to do a little follow up on Carrie Brown.

Thanks for puttin' me straight :-)

crix0r
"I was born alone, I shall die alone. Embrace the emptiness, it is your end."

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 849
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Kelly and Jason

I agree that Wolf Vanderlinden is a fine researcher, and he has done a lot to further knowledge of the Carrie Brown case, as has Michael Conlon whose research should be mentioned as well. If Wolf's part 3 article on the Brown case in the most recent issue of Ripper Notes seems long and sumptuous enough to be a book excerpt, that was probably because editor Dan Norder, as he explained it to me in the interview I conducted with Dan for Ripperologist, said he asked Wolf to write a recapitulation on the aspects of the case he had covered in the prior two installments.

This was needed because of the undue length of time between appearance of the different parts due to the delay in the appearance of Ripper Notes in Christopher-Michael DiGrazia's last months of tenure as editor, a lag time that I am certain Dan will rectify. As an aside I will say that as an ex-editor of Ripper Notes (preceding CMD) and current editor of the Journal of the War of 1812 I can testify how hard it is to get a limited appeal journal out with no or limited staff and finite funds.

It is great to know that Wolf will be expanding his work on the Carrie Brown case into a book. Excellent news!

All the best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.