Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Emily/Ellen Holland Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Victims » Mary Ann "Polly" Nichols » Emily/Ellen Holland « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Holland
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,
Craving a link to the JTR murders, however obscure, I am interested to find out whether I am related to anyone involved in the case.
My name is William Holland, and my paternal family is East End to the core.
Emily/Ellen Holland was the last person to definitely see Mary Nicholls alive at Osborn Street. Others Hollands include Henry John Holland who complained about Police procedure after Chapman's killing and a PC Holland (814 City) who was called to Mitre Square.
My great grandfather, Albert Holland, was born in Bethnal Green on August 30th 1888.
Does anyone know how I can extend my search to discover whether or not these people are ancestors of mine?
Cheers

Lu
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi ya

You could always try a site like ancestry.co.uk to research your family tree. They have a good database for old records (although there is a subscription fee it is very reasonable).

Parish records could also help.

GOod luck.

Lu
}

Neil K. MacMillan
Detective Sergeant
Username: Wordsmith

Post Number: 131
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill;
Hopefully you've had some luck with your quest. You might also try Geneology.com or it's U.K. equivilent. Vital statistics (Births, death etc) might be helpful as well as the parish records mentioned by Lu. And a very off the wall but useful suggestion is to contact the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormon)They have the most extensive geneology records in the United States and I am sure there is a synod in the United Kingdom. Good luck,Neil

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.