Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Berner Street merge Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Victims » Elizabeth Stride » Berner Street merge « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Greg Hutton
Police Constable
Username: Greg

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 3:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all,
I've just completed the latest merge clip I hope you enjoy it as well as the offerings for Dorset street ( I still don't know if this is the right way around, if you know please let me know!!) and Mitre Square which are to be found in the relevent places.
Regards,
Greg
video/x-ms-wmvBerner Sreet merge
berner street.WMV (119.4 k)

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1387
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 3:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Greg,

I'm having a lot of trouble with these merge clips (that I really do want to see);
it won't run in any specific format. The file format just says "unknown form" and won't open up in WMN or RealPlayer.

Any suggestions?

All the best
Glenn Gustaf Lauritz Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Greg Hutton
Sergeant

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn,

just download the latest windows media player from microsoft and it will play, or should do!!
Greg

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1388
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 4:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Greg,

Now it worked; seems like a had to download the new version, because it didn't work with the old one. Thanks again.
Interesting stuff.

All the best
Glenn Gustaf Lauritz Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Greg Hutton
Sergeant

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 4:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn and everyone else for that matter,

if you have the latest windows media player you can vary the speed of the clip, x 2, x4, etc.

Greg

Paul Jackson
Detective Sergeant
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 88
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 6:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Everybody,

Mine worked on the first try. Yea, Greg, thats kinda cool. Best regards.

Paul

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 2480
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 3:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Closest thread I can find.

There was a fairly weird incident in Berner Street on September 11th 1888 when a man attempted to murder the chemist Simkin of 82 Berner Street with a hammer.
I just wondered whether anyone knew how close this was to Packer's shop.

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2417
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP,
I"m afraid I don"t know anything about it but as soon as the words man,chemist and hammer appeared I thought of Thomas Cutbush and his murderous threats and alleged attempts to murder his doctors
for trying to poison him with certain prescription
drugs and ointments.
Natalie

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4953
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 4:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AP, according to White's report Packer was at No.44.

I saw that item a while ago, and naturally the thing I remember is the funny bit - the man asked the chemist to give him a hammer, and then hit him with it.

I've a vague memory of the man being called Seaman, and of him committing murder in Hanbury St in the 90s, but maybe I'm wrong.

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 2482
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 4:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well remembered, Robert.
He was called Seaman.
I haven't got to the murder in Hanbury St yet.
Interesting though?
One does wonder what goes on when a chap walks into a chemist's shop and says 'can I have a hammer please?' and then whacks said chemist over the head with hammer.
From my poor understanding of the case, he then handed the hammer back to the chemist, requested said hammer again and whacked him once more.
Surely chemists supply condoms, mercury and asprin, and not hammers?

Yes, Natalie, I was also thinking of 'bad medicine' when I found the story.

While we are at it, Robert, would you be willing to post the story of the murder of Elizabeth Bartlett on the 28th September 1888 on that thread about gods that I started?

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4954
Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 5:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will do AP, and a nasty murder it is too.

Robert

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.