Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Locating the Graves of the Canonical ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Locating the Graves of the Canonical Victims « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lestri
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all

In November, I will be travelling to London for the first time since becoming interested in the mystery of JtR, and together with other Ripper-related places, I look forward to visiting the graves of the canonical victims.

Knowing from experience that, even in the rare case they are open, cemetery offices may not always be very helpful, I would be very grateful for any information helping me to most easily find the four existing graves, and the approximate location of that of Chapman in the Manor Park Cemetery.

Jeff Leahy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lestri

I have recently visited the Graves. St Patricks in Leyton are always very helpful and will point you in the right derrection. Kelly's grave is covered with flowers and things from well wishers. Stides grave is also well maintained and easy to find if you ask at the gate. Nicols and eddows are together but only memorial placks remain marking the spots. Again they are well known by the staff who will help, I think they even publish a map. The Chapman grave nolonger exists, it has been covered by new graves in the 1980's you can find the approx location and staff will help but there is not much to see.

The murder sites can still be visited. Millers Court has gone but you can walk down old Dorset St. The other sites are easy to find Mitre Sq has alot of atmoshere and there's some great walks into the city, although I can never work out the exact spot for Stride.

Good luck hope you enjoy your visit to London. You can still drink in the Ten Bells but last time I was there they werent very Ripperologist freindly.

Hope this helps there are pictures maps etc on thisd site. Jeff

Andrew Spallek
Chief Inspector
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 515
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To anyone else who might be looking for directions to the graves, check the threads under the individual victims, especially Kelly and Stride, for details directions as to finding the gravesites. I realize that some folks, like me, are hesitant to ask for assistance no matter how friendly the staff may be.

Andy S.

Andrew Spallek
Chief Inspector
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 532
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recent photos of the Stride and Kelly graves are posted under those victim threads.

Andy S.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.