Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Goodbye and Farewell Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Goodbye and Farewell « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nicholas Smith
Detective Sergeant
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 138
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day everyone,

Due to a dispute in the chat room the other night I have decided to call it quits.

Over the years I have met some wonderful people here on the boards - too many to mention - I've also met some people that I wouldn't like to meet in the dark lol.

But as it is I wish you all the very best and for Gods sake don't forget to hug the one's you love.

Jules

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3024
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Jules,

you know I'm sorry to hear that
Jenni
"it is hard not to feel a twinge of guilt. Guilt for the fact that this man's name would always be coupled with something other than the great works of book-collecting and abdominal operations with which he is now associated."

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2251
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So am I!

Whoever it was with or between; whatever it was about, don't forget the ones who love you, and don't want you to go.

I hope you will reconsider when time has done her soothing trick.

Love,

Caz
X

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3118
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules!!!!!!
DONT do it please!!!!!!
We all know how it feels from time to time but we'e all been there and thanks to dear friends are still here!!!!!

Suzi

Baron von Zipper
Inspector
Username: Baron

Post Number: 194
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tough it out man! Did the British and Irish Lions quit when they were getting trounced in New Zealand?

Well, yes they did, but they shouldn't have.

Sing a little bit of 'Bright side of life' from Life of Brian, pick yourself up and get your aged duff back here!

That's about as good as it gets for my pep talks.

Cheers
Mike

"La madre degli idioti è sempre incinta"

Donald Souden
Chief Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 787
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules,

Hey mate, give it a few days and then come back full of renewed vigor and your sense of humor intact. Besides, make a big enough pest of yourself on the boards and you, too, may get your own personal thread.

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 489
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 6:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules,

Why don't you give it some thought before making any rash decision.

It wouldn't be the same without you. Honest.

Love ya,

Lyn
Never leave home without a paperback.

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2535
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 6:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Jules-you cant go just like that---we need you!
Nats
xxx

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 823
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 6:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've e-mailed Jules privately but what the Hell I'll post here too.

Don't let people who have issues get you down, mate. Ignore them like they deserve.

You'll be back - people leave all the time but they nearly always come back because this is home! It just has a manky outside toilet...

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5201
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 6:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Jules, what are you going for? This is the Boards, not the chat room.

Besides, who's going to get me an autographed Rolf Harris digeridoo?

Robert

Baron von Zipper
Inspector
Username: Baron

Post Number: 198
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey guys, being nice isn't the way to do it. Badgering, bullying and sarcasm have always worked for me. None of this 'please stay' stuff. I won't have it.

Cheers

Mike

"La madre degli idioti è sempre incinta"

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 490
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 8:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Going halfway with Mike if need be.

Jules, stay.

Dear God, you'll have me cartwheeling into a Country song any minute... "I should be the one to go..."

Stay.

Lyn
Never leave home without a paperback.

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 991
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 2:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...because this is home! It just has a manky outside toilet...

So just like the yard at 29 Hanbury St then?

Jules, please reconsider - you are a valued member here.

phil

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 826
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 4:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil - pulling the metaphor a little more, you could say that you have to contend with some right s***s when you live here!

PHILIP

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 4195
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 5:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to hear this, Jules, mate.
I've heard things have been a bit nasty in the chat room lately and I have been too tired from work in order to pop in there.

Hope you reconsider, though, because the Boards and the chat room is not really the same thing.
Whatever you decide, Jules, hope you're OK.

All the best
G. Andersson, writer/historian

Nicholas Smith
Detective Sergeant
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day everyone,

This will be my last post. I'd like to thank you all for your emails and posts they have been comforting. I'm just sorry that I don't have all of your email addresses so I can respond personally.

Anyway guys, I wish you all the best in your quest to find Jack - I'm off to write childrens stories and other things.

Love to all and don't forget to hug the one's you love.
Jules.

I ream gunna miss this place, but 'cause Spry wouldn't give me a pay rise:-)

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1648
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 8:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jules

Once again, as an old friend, I wish you would reconsider. I do wish you the best in all your endeavors, Jules.

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 837
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules, mate - we're all in the same boat, you know!

PHILIP

Dan L. Hollifield
Detective Sergeant
Username: Vila

Post Number: 63
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 1:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I too wish you'd reconsider, Dids. Agro can be absolved with a dab of diplomacy, but a good scarpa is harder to heal.

Vila

"Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible... However, it should only take me ten minutes or so."

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 2749
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 6:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heavens above, you blokes do my head in.
You get a little bit of bad-mouthing, fluff your petticoats and say I'm out of here.
Draw a line in the sand and respect yourself.
Resignation is defeat.
Get your brandy bottle and sabre out and give 'em hell.

Neil K. MacMillan
Inspector
Username: Wordsmith

Post Number: 155
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 4:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to hear you're leaving (or have left) Jules.Always enjoyed your posts even if I didn't often answer them. Don't let the gobshites get to you. Hope to see you again here sometime. Neil

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 516
Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 1:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heh. Guess you're still missed, Jules. Even when the rest of us had fogotten about you

Weren't you supposed to be coming back last week or something?

Hugs,

Lyn
Although present on the occasion, I have no clear recollection of the events leading up to it.
Winston Churchill

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 517
Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 1:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You got the first post with my new name, dude.

Love ya,

Lyn
Although present on the occasion, I have no clear recollection of the events leading up to it.
Winston Churchill

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.