Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Robert McLaughlin's Book Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Robert McLaughlin's Book « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Trishymouse
Police Constable
Username: Trishymouse

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got this today about Robert McLaughlin's book...

Thank you very much for your patience. The First Jack The Ripper Victim Photographs has just been published and will be ready to ship at the end of October, 2005. If you purchased a copy in Brighton, please disregard this message. If you still wish to purchase a copy through the author, prices are below.

£15, $26.50US, $31CDN, €22, or currency equivalent.

Add shipping:
CDN: Inquire seperately
U.S. $6 (7-10 days)
U.S. $10 (4-5 days)
UK £6.50 (10-14 days)
UK £4 (4 weeks)
EU €10 (10-14 days)
EU €6 (4 weeks)
ROW $12.50US, or currency equivalent (10-14 days)

I accept U.S and Canadian personal cheques, U.S. postal international money order (the pink one - NOT the green one), bank money order, any cashier checks, and cash at own risk. Payment in any currency accepted. Shipping costs within Canada inquire seperately. MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO Robert McLaughlin.

If you wish to order by credit card or through an online payment, contact:
Loretta Lay Books: http://www.laybooks.com/index_tc.asp
Murder One Books: http://www.murderone.co.uk/

Mail payment to:
Robert J. McLaughlin
Zwerghaus Books
P.O. Box 71138, RPO Northtown,
Edmonton, AB,
T5E 6J8
Canada

All the very best,

Robert

The First Jack The Ripper Victim Photographs
Robert J. McLaughlin
Foreword by Richard Whittington-Egan
Zwerghaus Books
ISBN: 0-9733794-0-5
(Softcover - 184 pp, 80 illus.)

"Meticulously researched, written with admirable clarity, this work of Robert McLaughlin's is without doubt a scholarly and very real contribution to the mounting aggregate of worthwhile Ripper studies." Richard Whittington-Egan

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 810
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 6:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Needless to say, the book is destined to join the canon of the indispensible.

It is all it was cracked up to be.

My feeling of what Robert has done is that it is kind-of like a Gold Collection. It is not JUST the photos and an analysis, it is also a grouping together of information that was previously very hard to obtain. You know that some bands or musicians have lost tapes found of unreleased sessions and they are then remastered and put on sale? That is the kind of 'vibe' Robert's book gives me.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2971
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 4:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And Roberts such a top bloke too.

Jenni
"You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet
Cause my momma taught me better than that."

Liza
Sergeant
Username: Liza

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 3:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni
He's not such a top bloke - he's THE top bloke!
The book is brilliant
Everyone should read it
So refreshing not to have suspects!
Liza

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2514
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 6:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Absolutely agree with all the posters here on this one -Robert"s talk was brilliant, his book is brilliant and he IS the tops!
Natalie

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.