Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

The Lusk Kidney, The Whitehall Torso,... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » The Lusk Kidney, The Whitehall Torso, and an Angry Man? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 801
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 9:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have theorized in the recent past that the police patrols, WVC patrols, and mobs, slowed Jack down and probably frustrated him a great deal.

I theorized that the frustration found expression in the Lusk kidney and letter. The thing that puzzled me was why Jack focussed on the WVC and not the police.

But what if he was responsible for the Whitehall torso? Would it not be a slap in the face of the police? It was placed where they were building their new headquarters.

It would have been his way of saying that he was sick of their getting in his way. It would be all of a piece with the Lusk kidney.

Sir Robert Anderson
Chief Inspector
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 539
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Would it not be a slap in the face of the police?"

Not an unreasonable question.

The other question that pops to my mind is would someone dumping a torso at the proverbial police doorstep have just done a 'one off' ?
Sir Robert

'Tempus Omnia Revelat'
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Baron von Zipper
Detective Sergeant
Username: Baron

Post Number: 111
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diana,

So you belive the lusk kidney was sent by the Ripper, the Ripper was responsible for the Whitehall torso killing, and both of these things showed that the Ripper was angry with the police and the WVC for trying to catch him? Is this correct? How does the Whitehall torso resemble any of the canonical victims? How do you make the connection reasonably, and without having to make a big, or several big leaps of faith?

I read the casebook information on the torso, but perhaps I missed something that connects it to the Ripper. I admit I don't know a lot about it, only what it says in the casebook.

Cheers,
Mike

"La madre degli idioti è sempre incinta"

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 802
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Baron, You have hit on the weakest part of my theory. I admit it.

But sometimes they do change MO.

Baron von Zipper
Detective Sergeant
Username: Baron

Post Number: 114
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 9:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diana,

What do I know? Theorize to your heart's content.

Cheers
Mike

"La madre degli idioti è sempre incinta"

Barnaby
Police Constable
Username: Barnaby

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"The thing that puzzled me was why Jack focussed on the WVC and not the police."

This suggests, perhaps, that JTR came into more contact with the WVC (i.e., that he was a local and perhaps knew people on the WVC).

Of course, this assumes that the Lusk letter was actually writen by JTR.

Angel
Sergeant
Username: Angel

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 9:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What better way for the WVC to validate it's own existence and distance itself from the average lynch mob than target itself and imply the killer did.

There is no such thing as right or wrong - only places to stand.

Christopher Lowe
Sergeant
Username: Clowe

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Angel, against this we have to remember that Lusk said that he did not immediatly go to the police but only went after being advised to go.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.