Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Trevor Marriott on Coast to Coast AM ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Trevor Marriott on Coast to Coast AM Thu 9/15/05 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a programming alert regarding the radio show Coast to Coast AM. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

The guest this Thursday Sept. 15 will be Trevor Marriott. http://www.trevormarriott.co.uk/

The subject, of course, is His Jackness.

Anyone here know how this man is regarded in the community? I don't know his name and have been out of the loop. I hope some educated types from the Casebook site can call in.

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1629
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 3:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Tim

Mr. Marriott has presented as a brand new theory the idea that Jack might have been a seaman, identity unknown. However, this theory was brought up at the time of the murders and so is not brand new. Mr. Marriott has been receiving a lot of press attention but it does not appear that he brings anything much new to the table. He is usually characterized as being a former murder squad detective, which he was, for a regional British police force.

Best regards

Chris George
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

David O'Flaherty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 6:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll be tuning in to this. If you're planning on calling into the show, call early. Coast to Coast enjoys wide syndication and averages something like four million listeners a night. If I'm up, I usually like to tune in--it's an endlessly entertaining show, even if you don't believe in UFOs, ghosts, or psychics (I don't, but they're entertaining). It's not all tomfoolery though. Physicist Michio Kaku and SETI astronomer Seth Shostak do the show as well. Their usual format is a four-hour live show every night, 12 am to 4 am, central standard time; first hour devoted to misc. stories, second hour to the guest, then two for calls. If you subscribe to their Streamlink service (for about $7 a month), you can download their programs or get them by podcast.

If I had a book out via the established publishers, I'd be asking their publicity department why I haven't been on, it's a hell of a market. Whoever Mr. Marriott's publisher is, publicity there has been doing a hell of a job for him, getting him on the BBC and now on Coast to Coast. A live show every night, you figure they'd be anxious to have Ripper authorities on (you should hear some of the odd sorts they do have on).

Dave

Tim
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the information, George.
Perhaps folks can tune in or even call.

Tim

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.