Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

EX PFC WINTERGREEN HAS ANOTHER QUESTI... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » EX PFC WINTERGREEN HAS ANOTHER QUESTION!!!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ex PFC Wintergreen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 11:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My question is an old question but I just wanted to sense other people's feelings on it. Did Jack know Jack about anatomy?

Not that I'm a Tumblety advocate but I've recently been reading "The Lodger" (which incidentally doesn't mention Tumblety until page 188) but up to which I've kind of ignored the whole doctor scenario with a sort "Anyone could have done that," kind of mentality. But this book has really been hitting it home about the whole thing, obviously trying to push Tumblety forward as a major suspect (who the book doesn't note until page 188, I may have mentioned.)

But I was wondering whether any of this holds water. I mean Wynne Baxter mentions that the extraction of organs shows some kind of knowledge but we have no idea whether Jack the Ripper actually knew what organs he was taking out, (except possibly with the Lusk letter, but many people ate kidneys in 1888 Whitechapel) he could have just dived in voraciously in a messy organ free for all. But then it also mentions the way he took some organs out without harming them, but then I was wondering how that was known with the organs he took away. And people have mentioned that the jagged cuts he made showed a lack of experience.

This may start an argument but if people could give their feelings on the subject that'd be great, and I'd prefer it if people tried to forget their pet suspects while doing so.

Cheers,
Wintergreen.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.