Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

George Lusk? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » George Lusk? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 762
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am currently rereading one of Douglas' books, "Mindhunter". In it he says that many SK's inject themselves into the investigation. They also are police wannabees. Often they will seek a policelike role. (Ex. BTK -- compliance officer).

I began to wonder about George Lusk. He certainly injected himself into the investigation (leading the WVC; writing the government to ask for a reward; claiming he was being stalked).

He assumed a quasi police role when he joined and led the WVC.

Isn't Mile End Road to the east of Whitechapel? If so, then from the geographic profiling perspective it would make perfect sense.

We only have his word for it that the letter came in the mail.

For those who like the Freemason theory he was one.

The location of the GSG would fit in with a flight back to Mile End road.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2885
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Diana,
very interesting.

i think I will try and find the book you refer to
Cheers
Jenni

"You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet
Cause my momma taught me better than that."

Lynne KInder
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Diana,
I'm thinking the same way. I came across this page by typing George Lusk into a search.

Have you discovered anything since posting this?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.