Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Behavior on the Message Boards Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Behavior on the Message Boards « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3238
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone -

In the past few weeks, there have been several flagrant violations of the Casebook's terms of use by a number of registered posters. Let me stress one last time - personal attacks or insults of any kind are not allowed on these boards.

If you are unable to carry on a conversation here without including insults or rude remarks in your post, this is not the site for you.

If you are here only as a "troll" to stir up trouble with certain people you find personally distasteful, this is not the site for you.

From here on out, there are no more warnings. We are all adults here, and we all know how adults are supposed to behave.

If you make an inappropriate post, your account will be suspended. Full stop.

With apologies to the vast majority of posters here who are perfectly well-behaved....

Stephen
Stephen P. Ryder, Exec. Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 513
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hear hear, Steve.

I know I have made a boo-boo once which was by not knowing your legal technicalities, but I wholeheartedly agree with this one.

As I have mentioned before I find it so depressing sometimes to read threads that just go to and fro with people bickering with no point to make.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Phil Hill
Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 466
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 1:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My sincere apologies if the recent exchanges between Stan and I were an underlying cause of this very reasonable post. At last on my part those threads were intended to be light-hearted, but I appreciate how that can be misunderstood.

I'll certainly comply with what is required.

Phil

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2355
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 7:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stephen,

indeed I hear you.
Message understood

Jenni

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 7:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stephen

I have regretted to see that in recent days, decorum and politeness has gone south on several threads. Your warning is well received.

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2437
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 1:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Steven
Message understood too!

Hope that those responsible will recognise this.....
Will stick to typing drivel most of the time except when the liquor tells me to type on the 'serious' threads!
Best!

Suzi

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 346
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 6:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stephen P. Ryder writes: "If you are unable to carry on a conversation here without including insults or rude remarks in your post, this is not the site for you."

All well and good, Stephen, but please explain to me how else one is to write a review of Ripperana?!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

P.S. Phil, I found your responses to SJR to be relatively restrained given the circumstance.

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3239
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 6:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom, I'm sure you'll find a way. ;-)
Stephen P. Ryder, Exec. Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Stan Russo
Inspector
Username: Stan

Post Number: 205
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 6:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stephen,

I did not know of this thread, prior to today.

I apologize for my behavior on that 24 hour tirade against Phil. This board should be for academic advancements and it can get lost in the shuffle sometimes.

Tom,

Zero to say to you.

SJR

David Cartwright
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 6:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stephen.
I'm not a registered poster as yet, but your timely intervention will encourage us all to participate more freely, without running the risk of receiving abuse and personal insults.
All who use these boards are well grounded in the known facts of the Ripper mystery. But the conclusions drawn from those facts are a matter of personal opinion only, and each person's view may be the right or wrong one.
Hopefully, after your warning, we can exchange our views with respect and politeness.
Well done Stephen.
DAVID C.

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 526
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 1:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Steve - surely this is exactly the kind of thing you are saying must stop? Can't you just remove postings like this? There will never be a resolution. It just drags everything down.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2379
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 2:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip,

yeah we should be nice to people and bury the hatchet.

Tom,

I read in RN your book is progressing.
I look forward to it.

Jenni

Thomas C. Wescott
Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 352
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 2:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer,

My book is progressing. I'm on page 3 now. I'm happy to hear you're looking forward to it, however, you must look VERY forward, because it won't be out for some time. Why it's being mentioned in Ripper Notes is beyond me, but now I have one more reason to look forward to the new issue.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2382
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 3:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Tom,

in that case I will look very forward to it!

Jenni

Carolyn
Detective Sergeant
Username: Carolyn

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 4:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom,

No wonder it will take you awhile you have the extra work of translating it from Okie to English!

Cheers,
Carolyn

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.