Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Possible conclussions Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Possible conclussions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nomad
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 5:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am new to this board, and only have a passing knowledge of this subject, but for all intents and purposes that may be a good thing as it gives me some perspective wich otherwise could become lost or distorted if I were to close to the subject. This board is wildly informative and I look forward to exploring new possibilities put forth by posters, I find points being discussed with fervor equally for or againt a particular scenario. Would very much like to see a thread that comes to a hypothetical conclusion.
i.e. I see "Dr. T. as a leading candidate as getting the dubios honour of being JTR predominently due to his history of run ins with the law before and after "Ripper murders" I do not think that a person capable of these types of crimes could just begin this type of murder spree from a cold start and then stop suddenly. As to Dr. T's age ruling him out as a suspect I dont find it unusual for an "older gent" weilding a surgical knife to be able to overpower a sickly, probobly tipsey female, as he seems to have lived in the vicinity he would have been a fixture in the neighborhood and not necesarily singled out for special attention. Even if he wasnt known by name, he could have been a familiar face, thus disarming the ladies by familiarity, charm, gifts. If the "From hell" note is to be believed as genuine would it not have to have been penned by a somewhat literate man capable of light, dark humor. an uneducated man is less apt to be wry and know sentence structure. Another point in his favor is his unusual collection of female private parts. Sometimes its difficult to see the forrest through the trees as they say. When he fled to the colonies didnt the murders subside, but he continued to have difficulty with the law? I think John Barnett? used the ripper murders as a cover for his own crime against MJK if the story about him spitting on her grave is accurate and it does have the ring of truth about it, this is a good indicator that he harbored deep dark resentment to MJK but still outwardly conducted himself as a grieving ex lover ahh, case study in human nature I suppose. As this was a crime of passion directed against one individual he would have been able to stop? and not continue on a murder spree once the object of his attention was removed?
Just a thought, when i added on to my house I could not resist writing notes on uncovered framing a sort of time capsule I suppose, are any of Dr. T's residences still around or any of the primary suspects for that matter, human nature you know........

Donald Souden
Chief Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 501
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nomad,

I think there are very good reasons for excluding Dr. T. from really serious consideration, but he was in London at the time and was certainly a very strange person, so one can never know.

I do agree about the letter being written by a literate person trying to appear otherwise.

And I certainly empathize with your "time capsule." In fact, when I once took down a false wall at my mother's old Victorian home I discovered photographs left behind for that purpose by a previous owner. I left some of our own and, repairs done, replaced the false wall. Alas, when my mom sold it a couple years ago they simply ripped it down and put in a "McMansion" monstrosity.

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 603
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Nomad,

The story that Tumblety collected female private parts is highly suspect. There is only one source, and that source was a known enemy of Tumblety's with a questionable past who only told the story after hearing that Tumblety was arrested in possible relation to the Ripper murders (which of course by that time were famous for the killer having taken female private parts). It could be true, but then it could very easily be completely made up too.

Some serial killers that have been caught were still active at ages much older than the conventional wisdom would have us believe was likely, so I can see your point there.

Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Phil Hill
Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 325
Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 6:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nomad - Why does the "spitting on the grave" incident have the "ring of truth" about it, might I ask?

Phil

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.