Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

A motive perhaps far fetched Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » A motive perhaps far fetched « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Blo_0dy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 4:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a friend of mine and me discussed about a motive and we cam to an idea 'money'... why did JTR cut organs out? there were a few killers that killed people and then donated the bodies to a university... so... if jack did the same?

just an idea...

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 5:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, this theory is not new. But those who believe the ripper took organs so he could sell them to the medical profession (or wombs for a personal womb collection) have to find reasons for excluding Mary Kelly from the toll in order to keep such a theory afloat.

Otherwise, they have to explain why Jack went to the trouble of removing several of Mary's organs, including her womb, only to leave them in various locations by what remained of her body. Only her heart was 'absent', and we can't even say for sure that Jack took this organ away with him.

Love,

Caz
X

Lee McLoughlin
Sergeant
Username: Lee

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 5:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that this theory gives incredible weight to Tumblety. Obviously with the rumours of "An American offering money for such organs", it makes Tumblety very possible. Of course, as Caroline says, this means excluding Stride and Kelly as Ripper victims. This is why I find Evans' and Grainey's "The first American serial killer" to be one of the most convincing I have ever read.

Best Wishes,

Lee

(Message edited by lee on November 26, 2004)

Nina Thomas
Detective Sergeant
Username: Nina

Post Number: 141
Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lee,

Alderley and Wilmslow Advertiser
Friday, 5 October, 1888

The British Medical Journal, however, states that the foreign physician who sought to purchase specimens was a gentleman of the highest respectability, that he did not offer a large price, and that he left London 18 months ago.

I'm reasonably sure that if a price was put upon the organs than the killer would not have waited over 18 months.

Nina

ex PFC Wintergreen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 1:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lee you say that the theory that Jack killed to sell organs give weight to Tumblety speculators because he tried to buy some.

I don't understand why someone who wanted to sell organs to make money would want to waste money on buying more organs.

Wintergreen

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.