Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

A coin for Jack Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » A coin for Jack « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone can help me to find photos about the coins used in Uk at 1888?
What was on their surface?
Thank
Donato Fasolini

L.K. Cook
Police Constable
Username: Xinda

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 6:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do a google image search, This should be a good starting point.
Xinda
Xinda

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 673
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 9:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donato,
they would have had a picture of the monarch (in this case queen victoria) on one side. I don't know about the other side!
Jennifer
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 217
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 8:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Donato,

I do have a number of 1888 coins for sale if you are interested.

Bob

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 8:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank Xinda, Jennifer

I am trying to find the photos.
Bob,
thank for your offer, but at present I am only searching images of coins. Perhaps in future I will contact you (If you will have the coins yet)
Thank
Donato Fasolini

amy franck
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 9:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sir,
interesting dickens related site that contains images of the various denominations with an article explaining values. google search 'dickens london pages' then 'shillings? farthings? ha'pennies???'
regards
a

Nina Thomas
Inspector
Username: Nina

Post Number: 153
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 2:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donato,

hope I’m not to late in answering your question.

The following site contains photos and descriptions of late Victorian coins. Including the Sovereign, Half Sovereign, Crown, Half Crown, Florin, Shilling, Sixpence, Penny, Half Penny, and Farthing. The dates on the coins are from 1893-1901, a little later than the 1888 date you were searching for but I hope that it can still be of help.

http://www.studium.com/2/viccoins.html

Nina

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1182
Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 3:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Nina

Yes ironically the head on the coins shown on that webpage are Queen Victoria's old head, while in 1888 the head on the copper coins was the young or "bun" head as shown below. With the Silver Jubilee in 1887 on the Sixpence and Threepence, there was a veiled figure of the Queen approaching that of the older head of the 1890's. See bottom.

All the best

Chris

Bun Penny

Jubilee sixpence
a
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Nina Thomas
Inspector
Username: Nina

Post Number: 154
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris,

I find it quite interesting that the coins change with the queens age.

Nina

Phil Hill
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 2:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The monarch's image on the obverse (?) y still does if the sovereign reigns long enough - Elizabeth II has had at least 3 images over 52 years. One on the pre-decimal coinage; one from 1971ish on the decimal currency; and one or two later ones.

For those who are not British it might interest you to know that even early Queen Victoria pennies and other coins were in circulation right up to the 60s, some VERY work and smooth, but legal tender still.

In about 1962, I recall a ompetition to collect an example of a penny from every year they had been minted from about 1860 and I got around 80% just from people's loose change. Some year's (like 1936 (Edward VIII abdicated after less than a year on the throne, we incredibly rare - 3 examples or something) but others were very common.

As I recall, Britannia appeared on the back of the penny, and latterly at least, the wren on the back of the farthing. I recall a ship on the back of the half-penny.

I have some examples somewhere - let me know if you want more information. But be advised i am no numismatist.

Phil

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil

At around 1962, while I was in school in Liverpool at Rose Lane Secondary Modern, I entered the very competition you are talking about, to collect pennies, and as I recall halfpennies, and farthings for every year going back a hundred years. It was run by the Trustee Savings Bank (TSB), and I can remember going to the banks for weeks beforehand and getting rolls of coins looking especially for the old Victorian and Edwardian pennies.

I managed to get some rare dates too both for the Victorian era and up through the sovereigns of the twentieth century, although you are right that a number of the Victorian "coppers" still in circulation were so worn as to be hardly legible. Technically these coins were bronze with the introduction of the young head bun penny at the beginning of the 1860's--copper alloyed with brass. Prior to the introduction of that style for the lower denominations, from Victoria's accession up till then the penny, halfpenny and farthing actually were made of copper, and with an even younger head of the queen.

I ended up winning a prize for my labors, possibly a book token or savings bond. Phil, it sounds as if from what you are saying the TSB ran the contest as a nationwide affair, although it wasn't obvious to me at the time that it was all over the UK. I do remember receiving my prize from the Garston, Liverpool branch of TSB.

All the best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1606
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Donato
Try this site:
http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/pics/pen2.html

It is entitled:
Pictures of Coins of the UK
by Tony Clayton

Phil Hill
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Christopher,
I had forgotten, but now you mention it, I'm sure you are right. It WAS the TSB. I used to have a school savings account with them.

Well remembered.

Phil

cindy ransom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 5:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 3 victorian coins,all very small,all young buned victoria,2x1 and a half pence,1 two pence,all are dated 1838,worn but still readable,tell me are they worth anything?I am surprised given the size of them that they are still here.

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Strangely enough, but when I'm writing about Jack I hold a 1888 penny in my hand and often wonder if it was one that was carried around by Jack or his victims. It gives me a bit of inspiration.

I don't know if it works for you guys, but it does for me.

Jules

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1491
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 3:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jules

Indeed old coins do allow us to somehow touch the era of the people who may have handled them. If we don't know who Jack the Ripper was, coins and other artifacts can at least bring us closer to Jack and his times.

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
See "Jack--The Musical" by Chris George & Erik Sitbon
The Drama of Jack the Ripper Weekend
Charlotte, NC, September 16-18, 2005
http://www.actorssceneunseen.com/ripper.asp

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 2:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Chris, it's been a long time.

Yeah mate, just holding something from back in Jack's era is enough to make you ponder what lives the people led back in those days. Although most of us here have been researching 'Jack' for donkeys years it's still something different to actually hold something in your hand which might have been connected to him or his victims.

And for any other people who are interested in the 'Jack the Ripper' mystery, I suggest that you contact Chris's address in the above post.

Jules

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1504
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jules

Nice to see you back here, mate. And thanks for the nice accolade.

The trouble is that there is nothing much that is tangible about the case other than the different inquest testimonies, witness statements, and police reports, and too much myth and bad information.

All my best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1418
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 4:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I have a number of 1880s coins mostly pennies, and I have often wondered if one of those coins ever touched the palm of someone connected to the case, I would doubt that possibility but the thought is there.
Richard.

Phil Hill
Sergeant
Username: Phil

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Statistically almost certainly not, Richard. believe me the numbers of copper coins in circulation then must have been astronomical.

Tthe numbers of people connected with the case, even peripherally, is comparatively tiny. The odds must be even greater than winning the lottery!!

But if it works for you, who am I to knock it.

I think it was on here that I reminisced a while back about a UK-nationwide competition in the early 60s aimed at collecting one example of every penny minted (except for very rare years like 1936) between 1860 and 1962 (or when ever). i think someone who also recalled the competition reminded me it was run by the Trustee Savings Bank. the point is that this competition was participated in by thousands of school children of the time like me, and I was able to find - still in circulation then, bun-pennies (young Victoria). these were coins that came out of people's trouser pockets and purses, still in circulation. It might give some indication of the numbers around before decimalisation in 1971 swept the old coinage away.

Phil

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 9:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Chris and Richard, I hope you are both well.

Chris, the shawl which Sue and Andy Parlour is also a tangible piece of evidence (if it really did belong to Catherine). But all things related to jack still gives you concern as to whether they were actually involved in the case and could eventually kead us to the 'real' identity of Jack.

Sorry mate, but I'm tired and I'm not sure if I'm making much sence.

Richard. There is a great possibility that one of those coind you have did pass through the hands of either Jack or one of his victims. After all, we've got to remember that it only cost a couple of pennys to buy a glass of gin which Jack's victims were quite fond of.

Take care
Jules

Phil Hill
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 546
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 5:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a great possibility that one of those coind you have did pass through the hands of either Jack or one of his victims.

Can I please know your definition of "possibility", Nicholas!! To me it's unprovable but HIGHLY unlikely.

Phil

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 418
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil,

I do have to agree with you here. I tend to think it rather doubtful, considering the large circulation of coins, that any coin we have between us was actually held by anyone significant to the Ripper case. A shame, I know, but recalling what I learned of probabilities during those long and boring maths classes in school with Mr Groves..

I am now reduced to a rather small collection of 1880's pennies that I have had since I was 9 - started collecting Victorian pennies in 1968, in Lloyd's Bank, to be precise, when I looked through my dad's change - but the next year my Brownies group had a "penny drive", and much of my collection went to that (darn it! Kicking myself now!). The thing I really feel bad about is that we shone the pennies up using brown sauce - ruining the original patina! Who knows whatever became of those shiny pennies..

Anyway, forgive me for digressing. I do think you're very probably right. But at least I can console myself with the fact that at least someone from the Victorian Era used my pennies to buy supper, or gin, or a bed for the night.

Jules, babe!
So good to see you back on the boards! I have thought about you, and wondered about you - so very glad that you have finally found your mum!

Love,

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Donald Souden
Chief Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 577
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 2:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard, Jules and all:

I appreciate your romantic musings and urge you to cling to the thought that Jack did touch one of your coins -- after all, however small there is a finite possibility of that.

Meanwhile, be content that the odds are overwhelming that your next breath Richard and yours Jules and yours Phil (like it or not) will contain at least one atom that was in JtR's last gasp.

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 552
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 4:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a curmudgeon - I don't breath air used by others!!

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1509
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 9:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all

I do think it's highly unlikely that any coin we touch would have been touched by Jack or its victims although I always think the beauty of coins of any age is that they do bring us closer to the era in which they were minted, a simpler and different time to our own. In fact, coins offer a relatively cheap way of owning a piece of the past. That sounds clichéish but consider, for example, owning a silver penny of Ireland with a portrait of King John on it, and a moon and star on the reverse.

All my best

Chris

(Message edited by chrisg on June 01, 2005)
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Chris, Phil, Lyn.

Phil, I was not making a definite suggestion that one of those coins might have been held by either Jack or one of his victims. If you had read my previous post you would have understood that when I write about Jack I hold an 1888 penny to give me inspiration.

And yes, the chances of any of the coins which come from that era are remotely connected to Jack are infintmismal (That's a bloody big word for this time of night) there is also the possibility that one or two of them might have been involved in the mystery.

Not that this is gunna help us solve the cas, but we must remember that the women who Jack targeted were women who sold themsleves for of few coppers, not sovereigns or £5 notes.

Just like another comedian on these boards a few years ago said when we were discussing the murder of Annie and someone reconed they's found two farthings beside her body. What was actually said was by two blokes overlooking the scene from their windows and one asked what had happened, the other bloke replied ' It's too far Vince'.

Wish I could remember who that was. It was probably you Chris.

Anyway
Take care and don't forget to hug the ones you love.
Jules

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1516
Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 2:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jules

No, Jules, I was the geezer who said,

"What is the difference between a saloon and an elephant's fart?"

The one is a barroom and the other is a BAH-ROOOOOOOOOM!!!!

All my best

Chris grin

Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 570
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 1:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...the chances of any of the coins which come from that era are remotely connected to Jack are infintmismal... there is also the possibility that one or two of them might have been involved in the mystery.

Not that this is gunna help us solve the cas, but we must remember that the women who Jack targeted were women who sold themsleves for of few coppers, not sovereigns or £5 notes.

Victorian populations were much more static in the 1880s and even up to the 1970s travel was less common than now. Most low denomination copper coins probably circulated in quite limited local areas.

But who am I to stop people fantasising as they wish.

Phil

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 9:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Chris, good to see someone's still got a sence of humour oround here.

Phil, just exactly what is your point? I merely made a suggestion that any of the coins many of us have from that era could have come into contact with Jack or his victims.

But then again you're a Chief Inspector, so who am I to debate with you.

Jules
Former Editor
Ripperoo

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 576
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And what's your point, Nicholas. These are discussion forums and I welcome debate?

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Phil,

Yeah mate, these are discussion forums and should be treated as such.

The suggestion I was making (or trying to make) was that many of us have relics from 'Jack's' era and these relics from the past keep us going in trying to find out more about Jack.

If one of us holds a coin, a piece of clothing, a letter or such from the 'Autumn of Terror' it might inspire someone's imagination to think of something which we haven't thought abought about before.

Sure, we have all the relevent documents and such, and there have been an infinite amount of 'Suspects' put forward, but someone might come up with something else completely different, just by simply holding something from Jack's era.

Call it fanciful if you wish, or call it an over imaginational part of my mind, but at least I keep an open one.

As for your saying that this is a forum for debate. Ok, no worries mate, I'll debate. You mentioned that copper coins were quite probably circulated in quite limited local areas.

From where did you obtain this information and what draws you to the conclusion that none of the abovementioned items might not have come into the hands of Jack or his victims.

Sincerely
Jules

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Phil,

I enjoy a debate as much as the next person, but I fera that you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

I merely suggested that anyone who writes about the Jack might find inspiration from holding something which might have been involved in the case. As with me it's an 1888 penny. Others might have a piece of clothing like Sue and Andy Parlour. Someone else might have a knife dating back to that period which they believe to have something to do with the mystery.

As for the coins which Lyn mentioned - yeah, I agree that there is the remotest possibility that any of them did actually come into contact with Jack or his victims, but if by holding one of those items gives a person inspiration to write something about which we have not thought out before, then let them use that object regardless of what it is.

It may come to eventuate that even though this mystery will never be solved, someone might be holding a significant clue in their hands.

Sincerely
Jules

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 579
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your dreams are your own Nicholas/Jules. Not for me to comment on.

As for this case, there is so much rubbish talked, and so much obfuscation, that I simply seek to illuminate the truth, or at least seek for it where I can. Soory if I was too literal for you.

And sorry if I intruded on yuor fantasy.

Phil

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 4:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Phil.

What is your 'truth'? And how do you intend to 'illuminate' it? And please do not try and belittle me on these boards. If you wish to do so, then let's take it somewhere else.

I ask you to consider where this saga would have gone if Mr Evans had disregarded the Littlechild Letter.

Yes Mr Hill, leave me to my dreams and I'll leave you to yours, whatever they might be.

And no, you're not too literal for me.
Jules

Rodney Peters
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil.
About what Nicholas/Jules says, my father has sovereigns from that era. While Jack might have had one of them on him at some time, given the extreme poverty in the East-End, it's highly unlikely that any of the victims ever did.
Sorry Jules, just trying to lighten things up.

Regards
ROD

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 3:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Rod, good to meet you.

No apologies necessary mate, but there's always that question 'What if?' but I guess that could be asked abput a lot of things about this case. What if Caddoch decided to stick his head over the fence instead of going for a pee. What if Schwartz decided to stay a bit longer to see what happened to Liz. What if Lewande had taken a better look at the person who attacked Catherine? What if Mrs Pratter had got up when Diddles woke her up etc.

What if one of those coins did actually pass through the hands of Jack.

It appears that what I started as a post from where I get my inspiration from has lead to a discussion which has got out of hand. It was never intended to be that way. If anything I was probing other people as to where they get their ideas from when writing about Jack.

No offence was intended, I was just trying to open another train of thought.

Sincerely
Jules

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.