Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Robert Spicer Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Robert Spicer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Charles Vincent
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 5:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There appears to be something not quite right about PC Robert Spicers story that he arrested a suspect in Heneage Court the night of the double event.
I am surprised that more interest has not be given to this alleged event.
Heneage court is off of Heneage street (apparently. Mitre Square is off Heneage Lane. Seems a srange coincidence.

qubex
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 2:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My family presently owns Heneage Court and we have been living there since 1988 (or thereabouts). Heneage Court does indeed lie on Heneage Lane. However, there are no "brick bins" that I can identify, nor the remnants of such. Certainly I don't see how a rather isolated mansion in Avon could have any relevance to the Jack the Ripper case in Whitechapel; I don't even see how PC Spicer could reach the premises in the late 1800s - doing so would have involved a lengthy train-ride and then a ride in a carriage. Certainly he would have been very far outside the Metropolitan Police's jurisdiction.

Please feel free to contact me at james.junghanns[at]gmail.com if you have further queries regarding the location. Implausible as it may be, the story fascinates me.

richard Charles Vincent
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 6:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Clearly the Heneage Court I refer to is the one in the Whitechapel area.

The point I am trying to get across is that say for example the Doctor that Spicer arrested was indeed JTR then he has murdered one person in Mitre Sqare off Heneage Lane, and is then accosting another in Heneage Court off Heneage Street some distance awawy from Mitre Square.

Heneage Court needs further investigation

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.