Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

This site need a italian's help? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » This site need a italian's help? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi at all,

I'm a young italian graduate in ancient history (Roman history), but I like all the history very much. This site it's wonderful. I want thank all the men who have worked at this site.
Now I want ask to Mr. Ryder: have you need to a man who knows italian?
I don't write a good english (I know) but I can try to give my help to this site (translation etc,). I can read french, too. For German I'm trying to learn.
Bye
Donato Fasolini

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cue Ally,

Monty
:-)

Waddya mean at least 5 words that are at least two letters long ???
Prince Charming, Prince Charming,
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 791
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Donato Fasolini

On behalf of Stephen Ryder, we thank you for your offer to help. As a matter of fact, I believe your knowledge of foreign languages could probably make you of assistance to Mr. Ryder and "Casebook: Jack the Ripper."

You may or may not know that Stephen has published translations of a number of works about the Ripper case that appeared originally in other languages. I can think of specific examples of works that appeared in Swedish and German that Stephen has had translated to put on the site or to publish in book form. We also do have need for translators of press reports that have were published in such languages as Italian, Spanish, French, etc.

All this being so, I encourage you to contact Stephen and offer your services. Donato, you could potentially be most helpful to us in broadening our knowledge of the case if you can help translate such material for us.

Best regards

Chris George

(Message edited by chrisg on July 07, 2004)
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Maria Giordano
Sergeant
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 47
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donato--

Every site needs as many Italians as possible!!
Mags

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris, Mags

Two questions: 1 How I can contact Ryder?
2 How I can register mtself in this forum?
Thanks
Donato Fasolini

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

third question: I don't understand the message of Mr. Monty. Anyone can explain me?
Thanks

Donato Fasolini

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 497
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Donato,
starting with your third question, i have no idea!
To answer the other questions to register scroll down to the bottom of the page - under the 'preview' button and hit the register now! link. You can contact stephen via his profile, click on his name in red on a post of his,
Jennifer
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 624
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donato

Nobody understands the messages of Mr Monty. It's just something we live with.
"Everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 4:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donato

I do not understand my own messages sometimes......but mostly all the time.

Do not worry so my friend.......and welcome.

Monty

PS Mr Monty.....hear that guys ? Respect at last !!!! Innit ? Boo-shakka-laaaa
....all good pals and jolly good company !!

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 501
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mr Monty,
sure we heard couldn't you tell from our responses. what did you mean anyway?
Tara me duck
Jenni

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2699
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What's all this Mr Monty stuff? I thought it was Young Master Monty.

Robert

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank at all

Thank Monty (MR Monty) I like your posts (when I understand it of course)
Donato Fasolini

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1256
Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donato,

You're welcome.

Robert,

Young master only to you you cheeky boy !

Monty
No, you cant have one extra on the leg side...but you can have five !

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1870
Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

You're certainly one of a kind (do I see a new AP Wolf coming on?), but we couldn't live without you -- no way. Keep on churnin', mate :-)

Donato,

Welcome to join this club of Ripper freaks. I hope you will find your stay here rewarding and that your Italian services will be of use.

All the best
Glenn Gustaf Lauritz Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 7:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes Glenn.....

......a right one !

Monty
No, you cant have one extra on the leg side...but you can have five !

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 560
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Donato,
a warm welcome to you is echoed here. we sure hope you join us, (esp. Monty who likes being called Mr Monty apparently it means he is respected, ha!)
Jennifer

Jim DiPalma
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jimd

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenn, all,

When I was but a wee tad, I appeared regularly on a local children's TV program called "Mr. Monty's Little Rascals".

Now, where's that thread about a nickname for the posters to these boards?

Jim

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 579
Posted on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jim,
you kept that one quiet (perhaps it was him)

Jennifer

Jim DiPalma
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jimd

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenn,

No, can't blame Mr. Monty, that one's on me. I didn't really want it known that I'd had my 15 minutes and was already a washed-up has-been in show business by age 6.

Jim

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 7:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi.
Thank at all for the heartly welcome.
Since many years I am interested about Jack the Ripper, and now I am very happy because I have find this wonderful site!
Thank Chris-George for your encouragment: I wrote to Ryder and he give me a realy kind reply.
I read in the Casebook’s Cd many of your posts, Chris, and I agree frequently with your well-pondered ideas
Bye
Donato Fasolini

PS: Chris, I heard the short demo of your musical about Jack the Ripper: I like it! Congratulation.
I shall have wrote it at you privately, but I haven’t you e-mail address.
PPS: Chris, thank for your link to the Atkinson Grimshaw (On Casebook’s Cd) my father, who is a painter, likes it!

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know that it isn’t the right mode, but I don’t know how send this post, so I posted here, so I don’t open another thread. If the moderator must erase my post, please, he send me a help to give my question in the right path.
I read in the casebook’s Cd a post by David Radka (General Discussion\General Topics\Ripper’s indentity to be revealed…..). In this post (5 January 2001) was talking about his Master’s Thesis on Friedrich Nietzsche and the mysticism. I am interested at this idea about Nietzsche, so how I can contact David Radka? In addition to my passion for Ancient History (Roman, Greek),Victorian London and Napoleonic’s wars, I am a passionate reader of Nietzsche’s works
Sorry for this message off thread
Donato Fasolini

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 696
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donato,
If you are feeling brave you can contact David via email. I don't know his address offhand but think he supplies it with his posts. If you go on the A?R/Alternative Ripperology thread and find a post by D.Radka putting the arrow/mouse curser over his name should bring up his email address I believe that in clicking on his name outlook express would launch (but am not sure of that)
Donato, good luck!

Jennifer

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer

I send a e-mail to David, but he give me no answer. Anyone, who knew well him, can give my question to David, please it's very important for me
Donato Fasolini

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 723
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Donato,
David mentioned on the A?R thread that he was going to be out of town until something like the 13th so perhaps he hasn't had a chance to see your email yet. See if he gets back to you next week.

Jennifer

Donato Fasolini
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank

Jennifer. I will wait
Donato Fasolini

Donato Fasolini
Police Constable
Username: Fasdo

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello

I am very happy. Now I am completely in this big family.....sorry for this big-off topic message. :-)
Donato Fasolini
I'm not the kind of person you think I am

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 245
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it's your thread about you being Italian and wanting to help this site, so mentioning that you are fully registered can't be that far off topic, can it?

Glad to see you here. You'll find being registered makes replying to posts much easier.

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 852
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 5:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Donato

Thank you for your kind words about my posts, as well as about the demo of my musical. Most appreciated. Glad that you feel at home here.

All the best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Donato Fasolini
Police Constable
Username: Fasdo

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank Dan, Christopher

Yes, I feel realy at home here.
Thank
Donato Fasolini
I'm not the kind of person you think I am

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.