Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Is there a site? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Is there a site? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

interested
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey, thnx to everyone that has answered my questions so far. im going to register here soon. im hooked!i find myself not being able to wait to come home from work so i can get on here. hope to help someone else with my theories as well.see ya. off the subject, i saw JFK today on cable. is there a site anywhere like this one on that conspiracy? thnx.

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 3:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

JFK on cable.....hosting the QVC channel ??

Monty
:-)

interested
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI EVERYONE, I JUST FOUND THIS SITE AND LOVE IT. I ALWAYS FOUND THIS CASE INTERESTING, EVERY TIME I SAW SOME RIPPER MOVIE IT ALWAYS GOT MY INVESTIGATIVE JUICES GOING.SO IN READING AROUND HERE IVE FOUND MYSELF OVERWHELMED BY THE LARGE AMOUNTS OF INFO.SO, I AM GOING TO DO MY INVESTIGATING A LIL MORE TO MY NEEDS. I PLAN ON JUST STARTING WITH THE FIRST VICTIM. IM BASICALLY GOING TO GO BACK IN TIME AND ACT AS IF THIS WAS THE FIRST VICTIM FOUND AND SOLEY TREAT IT AS SO.GATHER EVERY DETAIL ABOUT IT AND NOT GET SIDETRACKED BY ALL THE OTHER STUFF.THEN ,WHEN IVE EXHAUSTED MY SELF WITH ALL THE FACTS I SHALL DISCOVER THE SECOND VICTIM ,AND SO FORTH. SO I ASK FOR UR HELP. FIRST ANY FACTS ABOUT MARY ANN NICHOLS CASE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. IM GOING TO READ EVERY THING HERE BUT IF THERES ANY OTHER STUFF. PLEASE HELP! SECOND, I GOT THE MAPS OF THE EAST END FROM HERE BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A MAP THAT I CAN ZOOM IN ON AND EXAMINE WITH DETAIL. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP U ALL COULD GIVE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I START THIS WITH GREAT EXCITEMENT

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 749
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Interested

Well good luck Sherlock. laugh Really, seriously, you could not do better than start with The Complete History of Jack the Ripper by Philip Sugden and The Ultimate Jack the Ripper Companion by Stewart P. Evans and Keith Skinner, which reprints all the essential documents in the case. There are maps of the East End here under "Victorian London" if you look at the menu at the left but if you want a clickable map of London you might find the John Snow map of 1859 or the Booth Poverty map of 1898-9 helpful. Detailed maps of the last movements of the victims appear on the Casebook if you look under "Suspects," e.g., Catherine Eddowes. You can also order copies of detailed maps of the East End from England -- Godfrey puts out a number of period Ordnance Survey maps. See http://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk/

All the best

Chris George

Paul Jackson
Inspector
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 221
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interested and Chris,

Chris,
Good call on the books. Interested, if you're
new to the case, please read one of the books Chris suggested before reading all these threads
on the casebook. I love just about everyone here and enjoy swapping ideas, but, there are some people that have some WACKED OUT ideas and theories, so be careful. I suggest going to your local library to get some Ripper Books.
Most Books stores are limited in the Ripper material. There are several other great books on the Ripper as well, some of them include:

Paul Begg's- Jack The Ripper The Definitive History.
Paul Begg- The Uncensored facts.
Evans and Skinner- Jack the Ripper and the Whitechapel Murders,
Begg, Fido, Skinner- Jack The Ripper A-Z

You can not go wrong reading any of these books.
Good Luck and Welcome to the Boards.

Paul

interested
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank u very much for your help. I will definitely take all your advice. Just out of curiousity, wwhat got you into this subject and are you looking to try to figure this out or is it just a hobby?Hope i can help you out in the future as well. Thanx.

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 752
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Interested and Paul

I endorse the additional list of titles that Paul gave you. However, "Jack the Ripper and the Whitechapel Murders" by Evans and Skinner sounds like the packet of document reproductions rather than a book, am I right? Interested, I got interested in the case about a decade ago and have been "hooked" ever since. I think you will find that there are a lot of helpful people who will give you guidance. I know I have met a large number of wonderful people since becoming involved in the field. Good luck to you, Interested.

All the best

Chris

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1120
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ignore this post....go on.....go away !

Monty...who always posts twice !!
:-)

(Message edited by monty on May 14, 2004)

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris,

However, "Jack the Ripper and the Whitechapel Murders" by Evans and Skinner sounds like the packet of document reproductions rather than a book, am I right?

I think you are referring to the PRO pack Keith and Stewart got together.

Cheers,
Monty :-)

Paul Jackson
Inspector
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 225
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interested,

To answer your question regarding how we got interested in the Ripper case, I was looking through one of those Time-Life books that discussed unsolved mysteries of history and it had a short segment on the Ripper. I was hooked.
That was probably five or six years ago. Since then, I have read every Jack the Ripper book that I could get my hands on. Discovering this website was great too.
I dont really try to figure out who the Ripper actually was, because there is no hardcore evidence against anyone really. Its just kind of fun to learn about the case and discuss things with others on the boards. It is addicting. My girlfriend thinks Im strange...but thats ok. She reads love stories, so I think shes strange. But its all good.
Best regards.
Paul

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.