Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Duval Street photos 1960 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Duval Street photos 1960 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

paul stevens
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recorded a programme on tv about east end gangsters about 10 years ago and it shows a 1960 photo of all of the buildings on the south side of Duval street looking towards crispin street with a car parked roughly where Millers Court entrance stood.Also from 1960 a moving picture of a policeman standing outside the 1st building on the corner of south side duval Street/commercial street end taken from duval street.I have not seen these pictures on this or any jtr site.Has anyone else?

paul stevens
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 2:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did not explain that very well!I saw the documentary on tv ,i didnt make it myself! I recorded it on my vhs tape recorder and i still have the tape.

Jason Scott Mullins
Inspector
Username: Crix0r

Post Number: 227
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 2:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Paul -

No I haven't but I do have really good video capture equipment, if you need it transferred to mpeg2 or another format. Let me know.

crix0r

paul stevens
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 3:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Jason-

The programme was part of a major BBC1 documentary series on london gangland.The series was called THE UNDERWORLD,and this programme in the series was titled GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER.It was narrated by Bob Hoskins.The photos of Duval Street are obviously police crime scene photos.I have not got a clue how to transfer to mpeg2 or another format,so would need help on that.Were the buildings on the south side of Duval Street in 1960 the same ones as in 1888?

Paul Stevens
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 7:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

THE UNDERWORLD (Getting away with murder)will be shown on tuesday 28th june on sky digital channel UKTV PEOPLE (566) at 10.00pm.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.