Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Are you JTR's son or daughter? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Are you JTR's son or daughter? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ripperhistorian
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anybody ever thought about the idea that old JTR could have been somebody that has never been identified and lived a semi-normal life after the murders. He could have had a wife a girlfriend and eventually had a son or daughter.

What do you ladies and gentlemen think about the idea that old Jacky's genes could be running around in the world right now? In fact, they could be in you!

Just an interesting thought.

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Chief Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 561
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 8:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rip

I believe that somewhere there is a family who harbor strong suspicions about a great-great uncle or a great-great grandparent. A person that the family knows was in the right place at the right times and dates and whose subsequent behavior creates strong circumstantial evidence for the possibility that he was Jack The Ripper.

There are probably a number of families who have suspicions about a relative. But somewhere I believe there is a family who have solid information. We can only hope that some day they will come forward and their information can be verified.

All The Best
Gary

Natalie Severn
Inspector
Username: Severn

Post Number: 413
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ripper Historian,I dont believe that this killer went on to become a father.He may already have been one when he did the murders but I doubt he was able to have a sexual relationship with anyone.If he did marry I think it would have been to someone as sick as himself thoughnot manifesting the sickness in the same way.I thing he was a gonner after Mary Kelly as far as normal dealings with the human race went [probably before that too].The whole thing became way too demented-----and this is one of the reasons I think its so crazy to think Sickert did it.Not only did he manage to have relationships,he also had good friends and kept painting until he was in his eighties.I dont think the ripper would have managed any of these things after Mary Kelly.
Natalie

Michael Raney
Inspector
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 177
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 4:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree. I think there are surely Ripper family lines, but not in the direct sense. I believe he may have had brothers or sisters who had children. I also totally believe that there is a family out there who knows who Jack was and have kept it the family secret all this time. Personally for me....I wouldn't think it would be such an embarrassment anymore, but kind of like fun. Of course, I could care less what anyone thinks of me, so maybe I am way off base here.

Mikey

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 416
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mikey,yes thats how I see it too.But I"m not too sure about being able to laugh it off exactly.
Don"t forget the Queen"s grandmother Mary nearly married Prince Albert!And the Queen mother who died only a couple of years ago would haveonly been 35 years younger than Mary Kelly.So I guess whoever the relatives are are still reluctant.Maybe as time goes by someone will come forward and spill the beans.
Best Natalie

Eric Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 12:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd like to compare the case of Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper. He killed women in a vicious manner, yet had a wife and family who didn't supspect him. There is one of Sutcliffe's early attacks that his friend who was out on the town with him that night strongly suspected Sutcliffe had carried out, but he didn't say anything.
I imagine that some friend or relative of JTR saw him come home bloody one night and bought his excuse of being attacked or whatever, then when the news of the murder came out the next day, the friend or relative was too scared to do or say anything for fear of their life.

Jack the Reaper
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it may be posibul. I might be an hair of dear ol' Saucy Jackey (which may explane my constint need to brutaly kill everyone I hate), but, anywho, it may be posibul.

Jessyca
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do agree with most of what you are saying....I think that the famous "Jack the Ripper" (whoever he was) couldn't have gotten married after the murders, but ya know, he could have been married and had kids BEFORE the murders....

Marie Howard
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Natalie,
the Oueens mother was not supposed to marry Prince Albert. She was in fact supposed to marry the first son of Prince Alberts brother George, but ended up marrying his brother Albert the Duke of York.

holly sickert
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 7:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Walter sickert is my great grandad, joeseph sickert is my grandad and no walter did not do it. if you look at the facts etc for as long as my grandad did you would no that ! holly sickert

Diana
Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 275
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Holly, the truth could be nailed down for once and all if you and the royal family would consent to DNA analysis. Then this could be put to rest.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2458
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 5:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Are you JTR's son or daughter?"

Oh, I do hope not - that would make me over 100.

Robert

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 293
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 6:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know I think that Diana is on to something.i think there are egs of royal DNA about as I have just read purple secret about poryphia in the royal family.
Holly, hardly anyone who regularly reads these boards thinks walter did it(though obviously I can only speak for myself). Check out the sections on walter!
regards
Jennifer

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 7:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Holly,

Jennifer is right. Hardly anyone thinks Walter did it.

Talking about royal DNA, blood lines, etc. just an interesting point (for me anyway I suppose). I'm very distantly related to the royals. My great, great, great, etc. (can't remember how many) grandfather was the cousin to the king or queen at the time and his daughter fell in love with a commoner. She was told to choose between this man or her family and she choose her lover. She then married him and was disinherited. That probably explains why we are not rich. Although, I suppose I wouldn't be here today if she hadn't married him.

Sarah
Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to
Smile too much and the world will guess

Scott Suttar
Sergeant
Username: Scotty

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 8:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe as everyone said earlier that it is highly likely there is a family out there somewhere who have proof that JtR was one of their forefathers. It's just waiting for the time to be right and one of our intrepid band of investigators to ask the right questions. From my readings of these boards I honestly believe that more mind power has been put into these crimes in recent years than ever before. When I see the abilities of people like Chris Scott I have to think one day he, or someone like him will make a routine inquiry on a family bloodline and hit the jackpot.

Scotty.

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Chief Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 629
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 1:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sarah

I learned two years ago from a third cousin that I didn't know I had, that we are related to the Plantagenents through my maternal great grandfather Syd Turpin whose ancestor Emma Turner was a descendant of arguably the worst king that England ever endured.

All The Best
Gary

Jeffrey Bloomfied
Inspector
Username: Mayerling

Post Number: 348
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 9:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all, it makes sense that prominent killers of the past, or murder trial defendants, or criminals did have descendants. Or even collateral descendants. I have a suspicion, for instance, that a famous English murderer might be related to an astronaut, but I am not fully certain. I have a close friend who is a cousin of the granddaughter of Bugsy Siegel. So why shouldn't Jack the Ripper have descendants?

Jeff

Jeffrey Bloomfied
Inspector

Post Number: 349
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 9:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It makes sense that prominent killers of the past, or murder trial defendants, or criminals did have descendants. Or even collateral descendants. I have a suspicion, for instance, that a famous English murderer might be related to an astronaut, but I am not fully certain. I have a close friend who is a cousin of the granddaughter of Bugsy Siegel. So why shouldn't Jack the Ripper have descendants?

Jeff

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector

Post Number: 295
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 5:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jeff
Probably very true. .
Hi Sarah,
Just say that again its not often i hear im right!
Hi all
its amazing how many of you are related to British royalty, I am related to Henry and Mary Tudor................
Cheers!!!!
Jennifer

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 6:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer,

All the royals are connected to each other, so if you are related to any of the past kings and queens then you are very distantly related to the present royal family.

I've checked out their family tree.

Sarah

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector

Post Number: 296
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 9:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah,
i never said I was related to royals I said i was related to Henry and Mary Tudor who were infact my gt gt gt and gt gt gt gt grandfather and mother and as you can see don't go back very far past 1800 therfore. One day perhpas we will be able to link them to the Tudors but i very much doubt it as we are stuck there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway that one always goes down well at parties!
which royals are you related to?
Jennifer

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh sorry Jennifer, got it wrong. I thought you meant the royal Tudors as you didn't say how long ago they lived.

I've said above how i'm distantly related and it's so long winded I can't write it again. I know that the woman who married a commoner was called Lady Cadwallader or something like that. I guess she was a second cousin to the king or queen at the time (or cousin first removed, I always get those confused).

Sarah

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 755
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 2:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Jeff

Are we talking Armstrong and Hay-on-Wye? blush One small step for mankind. . .

Chris

Jeffrey Bloomfied
Inspector

Post Number: 350
Posted on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris,

As I just wrote to you, I did not think it was Major Herbert Armstrong and Neil Armstrong. The last name of both is too common a last name for me to assume an automatic connection. It may be another killer with a less common last name.

Best wishes,

Jeff

lilygotsilly
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 7:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Holly,

Holy sick ert!!!

Drew

Dustin Gould
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I doubt someone with the pathological hatred for woman that Jack had, would find himself fathering a child. Purposely, or inadvertantly. If he did, I find it improbable it was in his later years. Most likely if it occured, at all, it was unplanned, and in his youth.

As disconcerting as this may sound, if there was indeed someone out there, with substantial proof that they were, in fact, a direct descendent of Jack's, I believe they would have already came forward with the requisite proof long ago. We live in a society, that is obsessed with fame. And as the old saying goes, "If you can't be famous, be infamous.". Based on this train of thought, I could very easily see someone coming forward to lay claim, to the infamously, morbid distinction, of being Jack's offspring.

Philip L. Hill
Police Constable
Username: Phil

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 1:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure how a descendent of JtR would know.

Unless, they had something unbelievable (say like a frank full and demonstrably authentic DIARY) left to them - or found in an attic: How would someone know?

I mean, if Druitt had fathered a son illegitimately, and if he had been JtR - there would be a number of bits of information to come together.

It is interesting though, and something I had not reflected on before, that few if any of the main suspects - MJD, Kosminski, Ostrog, Tumblety seem to have had children. Sickert did though, at least if Joe Gorman/Sickert was reliable on that score.

Phil

Sir Robert Anderson
Detective Sergeant
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Personally, I have always thought that the simple notion that a descendent would know something, or family legends would whisper at dark things,really hits at the idea that the Ripper's "people" knew what he was up to and sheltered him from the police. Obviously, some families are successful at keeping secrets, but in the teeming East End?

I think that it points to Jack not having a spouse, or a family. Unless, of course, he "commuted" to his killing fields.

Sir Robert
"I only thought I knew"
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1403
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 3:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,

Serial killer Fred West treated almost every woman in his life to unbelievable acts of depravity and cruelty, yet he was married with several children. I think it's dangerous to associate murder and mutilation (before or after death) exclusively with loners who can't get sex, or have relationships as other men can.

Whether Jack was a loner or not, if he lived or worked in teeming Whitechapel, he still had to maintain until death a highly secret double life if he didn't want to be suspected sooner or later by someone living or working close to him.

Sir Robert's commuting killer would be that much harder to track down, especially with no clues left behind once he was away from the scene and back in his 'normal' surroundings. He would only need to be someone whose travels were regular and frequent and never questioned by those closest to him.

Jack could have loved women too well, and been bitterly disappointed with the return on his investment.

I see no good reason to rule out the possibility that this killer had children.

Love,

Caz
X

Jeff Leahy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 5:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If he had had children more likely that they simply would never have known. It was an era when children were to be seen and not heard. Children were protected and not informed of unpleasant buisness or babes out of wed-lock.

However ask Neil Sheldon about the descendants of the victims. Almost all of them, I beleive, had absolutely no idea of their conection to the case. We're only talking three to five generations. If the victims relatives had no idea, what are the chances of Jacks?

My guess would be that if you want to find Jacks desendants you'll have to find Jack first and then trace/surprise them. Could even be someone on these boards (best guess?).

Your best chance of new infomation is from the descendants of the police and officials involved in the case. There are photo's and files out there.

Jeff

Vess
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some time ago, Colin Wilson described a letter which he received from an aged man named "George", who claimed that the Ripper was his father... It was a very interesting communique, and "George's" description of the father fit my own guesses of who the killer was, socially (a violent East End alcoholic who eluded capture mostly due to luck and the fact that the police would pass by a shabby man who smelled of alcohol and manure - no mad, high-class crime geniuses there :-). I haven't checked if Wilson tried following it, though... but this discussion reminded me of it.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 1844
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 4:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

'Shabby man who smelled of alcohol and manure.'
That sure sounds like Wilson to me.

Chris Phillips
Chief Inspector
Username: Cgp100

Post Number: 748
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 6:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vess

The letter from "G.W.B." was originally written to Dan Farson in the 1950s, though Wilson later gave it some prominence. In fact he seems to have taken it much more seriously than Farson did - he said many similar letters disappeared when his dossier was mysteriously stolen from Television House, and characterised it as the work of a man who had "come to believe his fantasy".

Incidentally, G.W.B.'s father would have smelled of manure because he delivered it to Covent Garden for a living - and one interesting point is that the murder of Polly Nichols in Bucks Row took place just south of a large manure works.

Chris Phillips

Katinka Wassili
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 7:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nicholas Wassili could be my great great grandfather.
My family doesn't know where the family name is coming from.
The family tree goes back to 1890 and then it suddely stops.
They only know we're maybe from Russia, but thats completely sure.

Nicholas Smith
Sergeant
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 4:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day guys,
I remembered reading something in the nespaper about this guy who reckons he's related to Jack.

He claims Sir John Williams was Jack, an eminant surgeon to Queen Vic's youngest daughter.

The newspaper article is on page 13 of the Daily Mail,2005, and he's even written a book (spare me)called 'Uncle Jack' by Tony Williams with Humphery Price.

BEWARE!!!! There's also mention of a diary written in 1888 with several pages missing.

I won't worry about going into detail about it here as you should be able to find it via the paper.

Cheers
Diddles

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2067
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 5:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Diddles!
shall look forward to reading that!
Natalie

Vess
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 8:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"G. W. B."... hmmm, George Walker Bush? :P

I think the letter was (still is?) worth investigating a little further... did Farson and/or Wilson (or anyone else, for that matter) try to follow it to the sender or find out more about the mysterious manure maniac? Based on what I read, I'd feel puzzled if they didn't, unless they had proof that it was a hoax (a hoax on the side of either G. W. B. *or* his father) or a mistake...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.