Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Yakkety Yak...Who wants to chat? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Yakkety Yak...Who wants to chat? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 209
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 7:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heya all. Its a boring Sunday nite. Anyone feel like meeting in the chatroom say about 9 EST? Hope so..

Howard Brown
Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 215
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 8:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YO ! Pittsburgh ! Where you been ?
I go to the chat room to try and pick up unsuspecting and naive women...and talk Ripper all the time....and they ain't there...
Now...on the night I can't make it,you have this thing going on...

Bradley....Try to set up a chat for Tuesday night or something....Lets get that mother rollin again....I'm down with it !

Later buddy [ oh yeah..Eagles by 3...]

Your pal, How

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 210
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 8:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo How! Gotcha buddy...Steelers are out so GO EAGLES!
As far as unsuspecting and naive women...try a Ted Bundy room, all the ladies here are pretty savy. Later Bro..

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 271
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 9:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would really like to see a friendly face tonight - anyone about for a chat?

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2167
Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 5:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thurs night ChatRoom eh????>?>? Glenn Philip Jane Lyn Brad et al!!!!
Love Suzi xxxxxxxxx}

Stuart
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 2:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI, I am an unregistered guest with a question?
If the identity of Jack the ripper was discovered beyond reasonable doubt, through some miraculous find, would there be a party in Whitechapel to celebrate his pothumous capture? Would someone put on a big event for all people with an interest in the case, not just police officials, and where would it be?

Thanks

Logan Robert Flemming
Police Constable
Username: Kuradad

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello I am new to the Casebook i just got my name and password today and i am happy that i have the chance to come and talk with all of you

Jane Coram
Inspector
Username: Jcoram

Post Number: 395
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Logan,

You might get missed on this thread. Try posting on the Welcome our Newest Members thread .....It would be awful if this post got missed and you thought no-one wanted you!

Anyway, welcome to Casebook.........

By the way you have to make the tea for all the higher ranks, so get the kettle on!

Lots of Love

Jane

xxxxx

Carolyn
Sergeant
Username: Carolyn

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 12:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Logan,

Welcome to the boards. Always good to have new views.

Looking forward to "meeting" you!

Carolyn

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1784
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 4:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Logan,
Welcome to the Case!
Natalie

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2346
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 5:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Logan,
This is always a good place to meet up and prattle on about the same old rubbish!!
Good Luck and Go for it!
Best
Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2347
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 5:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh and try the Chat Room tonight if you can...........you'll get a flavour of how daft we can be there!!
Suzi

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 387
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 8:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome, Logan!

Great to have you with us - as Suzi has said, try us out in the chat room this evening. I should be there (computer willing) around 5:00 pm mountain time, Midnight BST. Hope you can make it!

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Logan Robert Flemming
Police Constable

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 2:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well uh how do i get to the chats is my one question and thanks all for the warm welcome

Logan

Logan Robert Flemming
Police Constable

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 2:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

opps nevermind i found it i just had to use my eyes lol

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 397
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 1:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could really use a friendly face tonight. Not kidding!

Lyn

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1848
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 9:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You OK Lyn? See you later maybe.
Take Care
Nats
xxxx

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 398
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 1:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Nats..

Today is a new day, and will hopefully be a better one. Yesterday seemed like the pits, though.

Philip, thank you so much for your e-mail.. and to you, Nats, Glenn, Jane and Suzi (who patiently chatted with me for hours last night) thanks a bunch for always being there! You are truly the best bunch of mates!

Love you all 2 pieces!

Lyn xxxx

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1854
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good to know you are feeling that much better Lyn.
Yeah...today is a new day ..so as always..one day at a time!
Take Care Lyn
Nats
xxxx

Ally
Chief Inspector
Username: Ally

Post Number: 932
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 2:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am bored. I am in the chat.

Erin
Sergeant
Username: Rapunzel676

Post Number: 47
Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chat. . .Bueller. . .Bueller. . .Anyone. . .Anyone. . .

D. Radka
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was unable to enter the chat room Tuesday evening, 07/05/05, at 8:45 PM. The system wouldn't let me in.

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 459
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules, if you have time, meet me in the chat room. Could use a friendly and sincere face right now. That goes for anyone else. Except..

And David Radka wrote:

I was unable to enter the chat room Tuesday evening, 07/05/05, at 8:45 PM. The system wouldn't let me in.

David, Honey.. that might be because you have made such a piss-artist of yourself in the past that Vila has a ban on you - but maybe not. Don't know because Vila is at work, and can't ask him. Why not try again, tho', maybe you'll get in and find that 07/05/05 was just a fluke. Just leave your bib-overalls at the door, okay. We're not interested in your various perversions. And I personally am not interested in your boring A?R theory. Please leave that at the door as well.
But give it a try - just behave like a normal human being, and I would be glad to chat with you anytime.

Jules and anyone else. Need to talk.

Lyn

Nicholas Smith
Detective Sergeant
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 112
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 3:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No worries love - be there now but I think this might be a bit late. But you do have my number so call and I'll call you back ok.

Love
Jules

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2966
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 4:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey you!!!!! LYN! will get on for a bit going to Wickers bo booooooooooooooooooooos in a mo tho!!!!!!

Suz xxxx

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 740
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 8:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm in a really bad mood. Had an awful evening.

Firstly on the Ripper walk all the roads were gridlocked due to the entire Embankment area being shut for the Battle Of Britain Celebrations and so all the minor roads were at a standstill...

So that meant I also had to speak for an extra half hour whilst stuck in the traffic.

Then I miss 2 connecting trains by seconds and when I get to Woking my last train of the night pulls out over a minute early.

I run to another platform to tell a guard who not only tells me it was on time (funny how 00:06:00 can be 00:04:50 on the very same clock) but that he had been there to see it off, when he clearly wasn't - the platform was deserted as it was pulling away and the only way for that guard to get to where I found him was by passing me. So I had £20 to pay on a taxi which I will be sending to South West Trains...

My PC has just crashed on me 3 times in a row and to cap it all I have just twice had to shout upstairs to my neighbour who is quickly losing his popularity as he comes in at 1:30am with 2 friends, opens the windows, they yell to each other and have music on and he thinks that's acceptable. I had a right go at him and his mates have gone, but it's the perfect end to a really crap evening.

Just thought I'd share that with you. I have a feeling I might even be taking my teddy bear off the shelf tonight.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 999
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 9:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brother Hutch:

Sounds like you need a shotgun or a shoulder.

I have both.

Tomorrow is another day.

Why have you crashed so frequently?

Go have a sixpack...and wash it down with another one.

Your pal,How

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 469
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 12:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So that meant I also had to speak for an extra half hour whilst stuck in the traffic.

Those poor tourists..

You okay, Hon?

E-mailing.

L

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2967
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 4:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Poor Philip!!!
Go get em!!!
I'm in a bad mood cos its Monday morning!!! (for what thats worth!) AND it took me 20 mins to get into Casebook this am!!
Upside is that think how well I'm feeling this morning compared to how I'm going to feel in 3 wks time!!

Rant rant!

Suzi

Adam Went
Inspector
Username: Adamw

Post Number: 354
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 4:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day all!

OK, can someone please tell me, in AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) preferably, what time the chat room group chats go on?

I signed in there today, and, yet again, it was completely empty - there was a message on top which said something to the effect that chats happen on Monday's at 8 PM EST. I'm assuming that's American time, and I've got no idea what time that would be over here.
As if it being Spring over here and Autumn in America wasn't confusing enough!
Argh...damn time differences!!

Anyway, thanks for any help, guys! Would like to talk to you in the chat room soon, hopefully!

Cheers,
Adam. :-)

"...Since then the idea has taken full possession of me, and everything fits in and dovetails so well that I cannot help feeling that this (George Chapman) is the man we struggled so hard to capture fifteen years ago..."

- Inspector Frederick Abberline, March 1903 interview, Pall Mall Gazette .
Hmmm.....

Erin
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 11:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey! For what it's worth, there are a few of us in chat right now. . .chatting. About the Ripper, and ghosts, and. . .things.

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 4194
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 5:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Adam,

I assume that the chat room is pretty much open ANY night now, and most of the time there are people in there already at 11 PM UK time, which - according to my online conversion website - should mean something round 9 AM in Sydney time, unless I got it totally screwed up.
I agree, it is confusing.

All the best
G. Andersson, writer/historian

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 829
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adam - even I'm not very fond of visiting the Chat Room at the moment. Are you sure you really want to be going there right now? It's mostly just bitchiness and abuse (of both sorts), though it wasn't until recently. On a Thursday, anyway.

PHILIP

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3032
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 1:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey Philip,

anyrate, is someone going to enlighten me about chat? Whats going on?

Jenni
"it is hard not to feel a twinge of guilt. Guilt for the fact that this man's name would always be coupled with something other than the great works of book-collecting and abdominal operations with which he is now associated."

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 4199
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 1:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip,

I have heard the same thing, actually. Because of being exhausted from work I haven't been into the chat room lately but I regret to say that learned that things have turned a bit nasty in there. A bit of a shame, though.

All the best
G. Andersson, writer/historian

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 830
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 3:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Quite, Glenn. Though it seems a leopard can't change its spots...

PHILIP

Ally
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Ally

Post Number: 1093
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 5:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which has always begged the question,

"Why would a leopard want to?"

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 2745
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 6:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A leopard can change its spots.
You get second and third generation leopards - depending on male or female gene dominance - which are dark and without spots.
I had several, but got rid of them because when they swished their tails they knocked my glass off the table.

Erin
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 52
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Egads. . .what did I step into?

A few of us are chatting now, making fun of Most Haunted, if anyone's interested.

Dan L. Hollifield
Detective Sergeant
Username: Vila

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 8:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry I missed it. I hear there was some on-topic chat after everything quieted down a bit. Looking forward to Monday night.

Vila

"Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible... However, it should only take me ten minutes or so."

Erin
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 5:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Knock knock. . .anybody home? I am!

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2638
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 6:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Erin,
Good to see you!
However its 11.30 here so must go to bed!
Take Care
Natalie

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.