Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

I'm a Grandma Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » I'm a Grandma « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 722
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 1:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On July 3 I became the grandma of a beautiful little baby girl. She is guaranteed to be the first woman President of the United States. She burps great. I expect she will be writing her doctoral thesis in about three years.

Nina Thomas
Inspector
Username: Nina

Post Number: 248
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 3:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Diana,
Congratulations and Welcome to the Grammy Club

Nina

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 3841
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Diana,

For obvious reasons I was not admitted into the Granny Club, but indeed... Congratulations! My best wishes.

All the best
G. Andersson, writer/crime historian
Sweden

The Swedes are the men That Will not be Blamed for Nothing

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2766
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 4:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats Diana,

hopefully im not getting into the granny club just yet but you never know, one day i might just make it!
"Uncle Bulgaria,He can remember the days when he wasn't behind The Times"

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 443
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 2:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diana, I am so very thrilled for you!! Truly wonderful news!!!

Have been waiting for a grandchild myself since time began (tick.. tick.. tick.. you listenin', kids?!)

Hey, Diana, I'm right there with you!! Putting the kettle on to celebrate as we speak! Rejoicing with tambrins - Diana knows - about a new baby in the world! Babies are miracles, whether they're expected or wanted, or not.

Anyway, since we're telling good news here.. (no, sadly not an expectant grandmum) ..Lyn finally found a sancho (yeh, well.. yeh, it finally happened, okay - don't get all excited now...) A trucker who rides a Harley on weekends (yes, Philip and Glenn, CG and Av, oh, and Judy - already know what you're all going to say..) but he's an absolute sweetheart! And I can honestly say, that no matter what, I won't forget the past coupla months. Hey, CT.. he listened to the whole Jack CD without falling asleep, or heading for the door - which must be saying something, afterall. Av, I'm a big girl now... Philip, he wants to go on a Ripper walk, with or without me (??? - pardon??!); Glenn, he loves Swedes - I even asked him if he knows about Swedes.. said he's trucked there, and knows it all (???! Pardon again?!). Judy, he pays for everything, cares and worries about me, is reading HBP.. and says he'll come to the next Rip Con with me.

Monty, he doesn't know who Leics are (but, who does, anyway) but watches cricket (I should be worried, I know, has to be an absolute madman!) - but he'll know who Pompey are after I'm finished with him!

Well, guys, just to let you know, is all..

Diana, rejoice! A newborn is always a miracle - and if Lyn can get a sancho, well.. that's a miracle too!

"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2267
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 3:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Diana,
Congratulations on your wonderful news!No doubt she will light up your life as my grandchildren do mine!
to the club!

Azriel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 9:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Diana!
Congratulations on being a Grandma! That's wonderful!

Azriel

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.