Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

GREEN DAY are JTR fans! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » GREEN DAY are JTR fans! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 563
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 7:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No - don't worry; I'm not turning the Message Board into a Teen Chat Room. It is something far more bizarre.

I was standing in Hanbury Street finishing off my Ripper walk tonight with a group of over 30, and the bunch at the back weren't really watching me, but looking up into the old brewery yard (just above the junction with Wilkes Street). There were a couple of policemen nearby and then...

...Green Day walked past us followed by a film crew! I don't know why they were there but if they were filming a pop promo video it would be interesting!

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3410
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 6:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip

what were they doing?

Jenni
"I bid him look into the lives of men as though into a mirror"

Eddie Derrico
Inspector
Username: Eddie

Post Number: 161
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip

Happy New Year!

It would be cool if they were doing something related to the Ripper. If they were filming a video, could be that it was taken at one of the murder sites. We'll have to wait and see.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 969
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 7:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think their prospective single "TEENAGE LEATHER APRON" never got released in the end.

Just noticed there's an ad for my tours in the margin on the left as I type this.

I've got no idea why they were there. It may have been some travelogue tour diary whilst they were in the UK. Events often take place in the large car park there, or they could have been at an event at the gallery. I'm pretty sure it was nothing to do with JTR.

PHILIP

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3448
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip,

nice smooth plug - which is your tour anyway? i really must come on one some time in the vague future!

Jenni
"The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution"

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 972
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 7:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni -

Thanks for all your e-mails which I really must answer at some point!

I am the main Ripper guide for Golden Tours, but on occasion I also work for Richard Jones' Discovery Tours.

PHILIP

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3450
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip,

No worries - it did not contain anything important that i can think of

Jenni
"The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution"

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.