Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Other Mysteries Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Other Mysteries « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phil Hill
Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 399
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is anyone on Casebook interested in any other following mysteries:

Man in the Iron Mask
Princes in the Tower
JFK Assassination
Roswell

or any others?

I'd love to hear from you and maybe chat further.

Phil

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 382
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm interested in the Man in the Iron Mask although I don't know much about it.

I'm also rather keen on Lizzie Borden although I think there's no doubt that she did it.

I also like to dabble in pseudo-historical issues like the true age of the Great Sphinx and Atlantis. You'll have to trust me when I say that I'm not a nut,though.
Mags

Phil Hill
Inspector

Post Number: 414
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 3:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We must have much in common mags, as I too have shelves of books on Atlantis and the Sphinx.

Lizzie never got to me, but have you read any Zachariah Sitchin or Velikovsky?

Warm regards,

Phil

Jane Coram
Inspector
Username: Jcoram

Post Number: 408
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 4:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil,

I adore Velikovsky, and the Sphinx (Great Pyramid) and Atlantis, and the Orion Mystery, and the Shroud of Turin......in fact I love mysteries!!!!!!

ANY MYSTERY!!!!!!!!!!

so maybe I am nutty as well............

Lots of love Jane

xxxxxxx

Phil Hill
Inspector

Post Number: 422
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 4:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Velikovsky may not have been right in detail, but I feel him a man ahead of his time.

Have you heard they have found another face, on the underside of the Shroud? What do you make of that?

Jane you are certainly not nutty - very talented maybe, but nutty? Never!!

Phil

Jane Coram
Inspector

Post Number: 409
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 5:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil,

Come to this thread for a bit of sanity ay?

I like Velikovsky so much because he made people stop and think, and yes maybe got it wrong in part, but still so thought provoking how could anyone not be in awe of his work.

I hadn't heard about the other face on the shroud - I'll have to check it out. I haven't done much research on it for about a year as I have been pretty busy on a certain serial killer...........you might have noticed!

Still intrigues the hell out of me........

Love Jane

xxxxxx

(Message edited by jcoram on May 01, 2005)

Ally
Chief Inspector
Username: Ally

Post Number: 911
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 6:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tosh. There is no mystery to Atlantis. It was the home base of a race of beings called the Ancients who achieved ascension and became big, glowy light shows. They remain all remote and removed while the univers goes to hell because of the goa'uld. Shocking really.

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 912
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 6:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm.okay now I will respond seriously to the beginning post.

1. Man in the Iron Mask: Doesn't interest me.
2. Princes in the Tower: Not a mystery. It was Richard, full stop.
3. JFK: one gunman people. One. Uno.
4. Roswell: There weren't aliens. Really.

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 385
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 6:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, Fellow Travelers

I've never read Velikovsky himself although I've read a lot about him.

Saw on TV the other day that someone had duplicated the Shroud but now I can't remember exactly how.

Has anyone read Hamlet's Mill or the the Golden Bough?

Generally, I'm interested in mythology and the similarities in myths,especially creation and flood myths,across cultures and time.
Mags

Phil Hill
Inspector

Post Number: 424
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 1:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So Ally, why come into this thread, with us boring eccentrics (who are clearly so plain wrong) when you have such an open mind?

Phil

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 913
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 6:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Uh ...Phil. In order for me to be calling you wrong, you would have first had to express an opinion and then, you know, I would have called you wrong. I have studied all these topics because they interest me (except for the man in the iron mask). I have formed opinions -that's what one does with mysteries.

I assume you disagree with my assessments. You said you wanted to discuss those topics. My apologies if you meant you only wanted to discuss them with people who agreed with you, but maybe you should have made that clear in your opening post.

Mags,

The way they supposedly have duplicated the shroud is a guy painted the image of Christ on a piece of glass, then laid it over a piece of cloth and left it out to bleach for a while. The outline of Christ remained dark, the rest faded, leaving the "shroud".

Phil Hill
Inspector

Post Number: 427
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 7:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm sorry Ally - the tone of your post suggested to me that you considered all the mysteries solved and thus closed. As I said you seemed to imply we were all wrong and rather stupid for continuing to think about the,

Actually, I agree with you that RIII probably was at least responsible for his nephews' deaths, but I think there is more to it than that.

I don't think one can, on balance, go with the lone gunman scenario for JFK, but I'd be interested to hear your reasons for believing that.

On Roswell, a lengthy review of most of the published sources led me to the same conclusion as you. I could find no facts that were corroborated by more than one person, and too many bits of evidence disappearing. But the subject is quite rich, all the same.

You should dip into the MITIM (Man In The Iron Mask) it is more interesting than i had ever thought possible when I first looked into it.

Another enigma that fascinates me, is The Knights templar, the treasure of Rennes Le Chateau etc. I think part of it has now been shown conclusively to be a con-trick (Pierre Plantard and the Priurie de Sion) but again there are other angles.

has anyone come across the "Money Pit" mystery?

Sorry if I misunderstood your post, Ally.

Phil

Jane Coram
Inspector

Post Number: 410
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 8:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,

And I came over here for a bit of peace and quiet.......

I did love that post about Atlantis though Ally - had me giggling for ages.

Hi Phil,

I am intrigued by the Knights Templar too....I have so many wierd books on my shelves that vistors to my house must think I am a total loon.......and of course they are right.

Serious reservations about the blood line of the Holy Grail.......and the Priory of Sion and about Rennes Le Chateau, although there is probably something going on there worth looking into, if not what we thought in the first place!

Hi Maria,

Very captivated by the flood legend......I find it amazing that practically every culture on earth has it's own flood legend, which must give it some credibility.

Best of all, I love that the chinese pictograph (or at least one of) for the word 'saved' is 8 little people in a boat!

Lots of Love

Jane

xxxxx

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 915
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 7:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane,

Richard Dean Anderson, while not quite up to "Spike" standards, does make me go ..mmmm. Always has, even when he was MacGuyver.

Phil,

No problem. Looking back I realize I should have added more explanation to my post.

The main thing that interests me in the topics above is the Princes. What do you think is the "more to it than that"?

As far as the JFK shooting, oy! You'll have to give me a day to go re-read some stuff. I had a cursory interest in it about a decade ago, remember coming to the conclusion that it was a lone gunman, but since simple shootings have never really been my "woo hoo", I didn't really retain any of the details. I'll go study up on it and present a full report.

Maybe I will give MITIM a whirl too. I am in need of a good mystery.

esm
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 9:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this is probably one of the most notorious murders of Germany:

the mystery of Hinterkaifeck in 1922.
6 persons killed in a most horrible way in one night.

Still unsolved...and there is still a retired detective who tries to solve it...

http://www.br-online.de/land-und-leute/artikel/0501/27-hinterkaifeck/index.xml

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/6865/hi.html

(interestingly enough it is not mentioned at "crimelibrary")

Mytsukay
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 6:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil,

The Knights Templar have become an extremly facinating topic for me, although so many people like to call it a hoax, but I have my theories on those so called "hoaxes", though this post is too public for my taste.

Mytsukay
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 6:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil,

The Knights Templar have become an extremly facinating topic for me, although so many people like to call it a hoax, but I have my theories on those so called "hoaxes", though this message board is too public for my taste.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.