Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Happy New Year fellow casebookers! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Happy New Year fellow casebookers! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1734
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 3:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all

Happy New Year, everyone. I hope the holidays treated you well.

Chris balloons wine
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 681
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 3:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

C.T.

You are an absolute lifesaver, you know that? I was just thinking of you too!

Got a ciggy?

Love always,

Lyn x

**Nicotine withdrawls are evil**

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 682
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 3:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh.

Christopher T. George wrote:

Happy New Year, everyone. I hope the holidays treated you well.

Lindsey C. Hollifield wrote:

Not really at this end. You?

..Sucks, Chris, it really does -- and where the hell are you these days?? I'm going nuts! Need any journals posting or anything?

*Need something to do with my hands*

Love always,

Lyn x
**Nicotine withdrawls are evil**

Thomas C. Wescott
Chief Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 522
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris,

And happy new year to you as well! Mrs. Hollifield is right, you're not around much these days. Maybe you and I should come together on an article sometime this year. I think my byline is big enough for the both of us. :-)

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

P.S. I hear hypnotism is the best method to quit smoking. I personally know three people who've used it successfully. I plan to give it a shot in '06. Screw cold turkey.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3465
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what about nicotine patches?

hyponotism sounds scary

wohhhooo

still if it works it works
"The sun'll come out,Tomorrow,So ya gotta hang on Til tomorrow, Come what may"

Thomas C. Wescott
Chief Inspector
Username: Tom_wescott

Post Number: 532
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 5:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you know that if a person put 4 or 5 nicotine patches on at once he'd die.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Howard

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 7:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suck on twelve nicotine patches for the goof. I like the taste... I chew 20-25 individual pieces of nicotine gum and blow big blubbery brownish bubbles...I smoke six Pall Malls at once for a buzz....Kid stuff. Tom, don't scare people with that patch stuff...it ain't true.

Smoking for 40 years this year and my lung feels great...

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3480
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 5:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Die?

Why??

five words rule
"The sun'll come out,Tomorrow,So ya gotta hang on Til tomorrow, Come what may"

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2449
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 5:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,

A friend of mine gave up smoking about 15 years ago by going on the nicotine gum. He smells a lot sweeter these days (and no yellow ceilings at home, so his wife is happier) but he just can't kick the gum habit.

At least he can't inflict passive chewing on anyone.

Love,

Caz (who gave up in 1978 to pay off her credit card and keep her non-smoking hubby-to-be)
X

Jim DiPalma
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jimd

Post Number: 150
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenn,

>Die?

>Why??

Too much nicotine can kill you. There was a case a couple of years ago, in rural Maine I think, where someone spiked the coffee urn at a local church service with nicotine, and a couple of people died as a result. One of the locals was found to have a quantity of nicotine is his barn, he claimed it was insecticide for his apple orchard. That person quickly became the prime suspect, but I don't recall if the case was ever solved.

So, while Howard seems to have developed a tolerance, I wouldn't recommend eating more than say, 6 or 8 of those patches at one time :-)

Cheers,
Jim

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3562
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh well theres still hope!!!!!

Bob-
Tell Andrew Im seriously going to TRY later in the year! (Yes I know Im a lightweight!)

Hypnotism appeals in a (my) cranky sort of way...may give it a go!

May take up the old pipe (just call me Alice!)

Cheers

Suzi

Lindsey C Hollifield
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 696
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nah.. if I don't cold turkey, I'll never do it.

People wanting me to stay alive was the incentive I needed.

**Anyone makes a move towards confiscating my tea bags, they're dead meat!**

Love,

Lyn x
**Nicotine withdrawls are evil** but being a psychopath is much more exiting.. (Dan is really really scared -- it's cutness^^)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.