Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

It rubs the lotion on it's skin... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » It rubs the lotion on it's skin... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jason Scott Mullins
Inspector
Username: Crix0r

Post Number: 316
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Latest interesting tidbit pass along the P2P networks:

www.greenskeepersmusic.com/lotionhigh.mov

It's even lip sync'd pretty well. Careful, I've found it to be contagious...

"Yes precious, it gets the hose."

crix0r
"I was born alone, I shall die alone. Embrace the emptiness, it is your end."

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1254
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 3:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jason,

Is that your rogue apostrophe plying its trade in this thread's title, or are you merely repeating someone else's error?

If it's yours, shame on you, and type out a thousand times:

It rubs the lotion on its skin.

If it's someone else's, shame on you, and type out a thousand times:

It rubs the lotion on it's [sic] skin.

See you in a fortnight.

Love,

Pedantic Caz
X
Secretary of The Society for the Prevention of Rogue Apostrophes on the Casebook (SPRAC)

Jason Scott Mullins
Inspector

Post Number: 319
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello My Dear Pedantic Caz -

Indeed it is my rouge apostrophe. I must lay claim to it. To let someone else take the blame.. well it just wouldn't be cricket, would it?

I typed that subject line in a hurry, as I am sure you might have surmised. I must admit that while I know the rules (well at least I used to) I've never really cared one way or the other. Sometimes I just throw caution to the wind and like the local yellow pages suggest, I let my fingers do the walking.

I can only hope that I haven't fallen into disregard with the SPRAC. Surely not for one lonesome trespass?

:P

crix0r

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

has' Caz' go't a pro'b'lem with the' apostrop'he u's'e on the's'e boards?

How'd ya like that Caz, did i get it right?

I know usually i don't !!!!

Jenni
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1258
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 4:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jason,

All is forgiven - just the image of your rouge [sic] apostrophe, evidently blushing to the roots of its pretty red hair for being where it shouldn't, makes up for everything.

Hi Jenni,

You can afford to be much more assertive - don't settle for calling yourself an i - you deserve to be an I, like everyone else.

Because you're worth it - rogue apostrophes or even rouge ones.

Have a great weekend all.

Love,

Caz
X
Secretary
SPRAC

Jason Scott Mullins
Inspector

Post Number: 322
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hehhe.. I can't help it. I'm a horrible speller. Great speaker... horrible speller. Card carrying member of team I Can't Spell for the Life of Me or the ICSLM as I lovingly call it.

crix0r

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1261
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 3:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jason,

I'm a great speller but a terrible speaker, so we could make a great team. I'll spell for you if you'll do all my public speaking. Don't worry, I won't make you wear my frocks.

Love,

Caz
X
PSPS (Public Speaking Phobics Society)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1342
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

'''''<<<<''',,,, Oddly I LOVE grammar Sad eh!!!!! oooooops sorry 'eh?
OK If one of us moves our mouth the other one'll speak!!!!!
ooooooooooooh God can you imagine!!!? Might be safer tho!!!!

xx suzi ooooooooooooooops Suzi xxxxxPSWDIS (Public Speaking Wont Do It!!! Soc!) x

MF
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

American writers and filmmakers keep using Ed Gein and getting it right without knowning why.
Anthony Hopkins said it: "The Dark Side is the Creative Side." SOTL DVD
It puts the notion in its head!
The most obviously artistic would tend to be the California SKs who don't have to worry so much about being labelled gay. (Unless you're Buffalo Bill and then even the gays come after you!) Prime example of the artistic SK trend would be the Trailside Killer David Carpenter who performed ballet moves at his first interview.
It puts the notion in its head.
Or it gets the hose.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.