Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

WARNING; Beware Of False Bills Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » WARNING; Beware Of False Bills « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Chief Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 661
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

Americans should be warned that clever thieves have been passing off counterfit bills in large and deceptive denominations. $200.00 bills with President George W. Bush's face on them are being accepted by retailers and fast food chains. For example, a .99 cent purchase at a Fashion Bug (whatever that is) was accepted and the crook left with $199.01 in change.

Here are some clues to look for. There is no such thing as an American $200.00 bill; George Bush's face does not appear on any form of American currency; if you look closely the bills have slogans written on the backs. For example, look for statements such as no more tax hikes and no more scandals.

Forewarned is forearmed.
Gary

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 892
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 6:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Gary

Thanks for this timely warning. Actually most of the bills I get are from my cable provider and the gas and electric company.

I hear Kerry is on the three dollar bill. laugh

All the best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 653
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I was an actor I used to use the stage name William Sharp. Does that make me a false Bill?
"Everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."

Donald Souden
Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 270
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alan,

I don't know about a false bill, but you were certainly "two Sharp for your own good." Groan.

Don.

Nina Thomas
Inspector
Username: Nina

Post Number: 162
Posted on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gary,

I thought you were kidding!

Fake Bill

Nina

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 167
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don-

That joke was hilarious. I'm sending you a gift of $200.00. Wait by the mail box.
Mags

Donald Souden
Inspector

Post Number: 337
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mags,

I hate to sound ungrateful, but do you, um, er, suppose that rather than one of those new $200 bills you might make that in 200 $1 bills? Or if too bulky, four $50 notes would be fine.

In any case, while waiting by the mailbox I shan't, as the saying goes, be holding my breath.

Don.

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Don

If you don't mind, I could send it to you the sum in numbered $3.00 bills. money The money will be arriving in a suitcase with a false bottom. wink You never know, Don, with the dollar sinking compared to the Euro and other currencies these $3.00 and $200 bills might be worth more than the real thing soon. blush

All the best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Donald Souden
Inspector

Post Number: 340
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris,

I got my bank statement today and things are such that I'll even take the $200 in Czarist bonds.

Don.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.