Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Heya, I'm new... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Heya, I'm new... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tari Ar-Feineil
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Been studying JtR at school. Gahness. I'm Year 8 (means I'm thirteen ) and I find it all very interesting.

We were talking a lot about Dr. Tumblety. Don't ask me why. But there were some interesting points put forward. I wanted to know these things;

1) Someone in my class put forward the point that the Ripper could have been a woman. My History teacher sort of disregarded this theory almost instantly. But I wondered about it, and read the suspects page, noticing 'Jill the Ripper'. I was wondering how many people think it could have actually been a woman.

2) And, merely because of the subject of our lesson today, I ask how many of you think that the murders were Dr. Tumblety. My History teacher seems to want us to think that...well?

and
3) Are there any other good websites where I can learn more?

Thanks for your time!

Ally
Chief Inspector
Username: Ally

Post Number: 560
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 6:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1.) Doubt it was a woman. Doubt most people consider it a possibility.

2.) I think good teachers don't try to influence their students one way or another but allow them to make up their own minds with facts presented and don't shade the facts in favor of their own pet theory.

3.) There are plenty of other websites, however this is the most comprehensive website available.

Cheers.

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 7:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello there,

This web site would have probably everything you would need and if you don't spot it then don't hesitate to ask on here.

Sarah
Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to
Smile too much and the world will guess

Michael Raney
Inspector
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 325
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tari,

This is the best website for information on JTR. Please read all you can from here. There are bad and good points regarding all of the suspects here. To answer your questions.

1. I doubt it was a woman.

2. Tumblety is an interesting suspect with some very good reasons in favor of it being him. I personally don't think it was him. Please make up your own mind based on the knowledge you gain as you study the subject.

3. You can read more about JTR at www.crimelibrary.com

Mikey

Paul Jackson
Inspector
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 185
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Tari,

Welcome...

The Ripper was not a woman.

Tumblety was way too tall to be the Ripper.

This is the ONLY Ripper website worth a flip.

Best regards,

Paul

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 711
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Tari!!!
Give yourself a week off and trawl throught these boards....might be worth a look at the 'serious' boards and the dissertations too
Best of luck,dont hesitate to post with any questions.....we may not know the answers but we sure like to offer any suggestions!
All best
Suzi

shelley wiltshire
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, everyone i'm new....My cousin Keith is a Sergeant Detective at scotland Yard last time i heard, he was going for Detective Inspector don't know if he eventually made the promotion or not, i've been interested in murder since a teenager, a relative i had by marriage(rather than a blood relative) called Uncle Dennis, he was a Detective in CID (Dennis Manion), as a child he got me interested in law and i had the greatest respect for him, i was very fond of him, both his son's and daughter went into the police force. I am at present hoping to pass my diploma in Criminology, i would like to go on later to get a PhD, still that's a long way off yet and still hoping. By the way does anyone watch Operation Good Guys on TV?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.