Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Reasons Why You Should Be On My List Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Reasons Why You Should Be On My List « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave
Sergeant
Username: Dave

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kris,

that's how I see it. I'd rather post a humourous (albeit sarcastic) message that was funny rather than 330 messages worth of drivel.

get it?

- DVW

p.s. I realize that certain entities may disagree with the validity my 'humour'. To them I say: too bad, so sad.

Michael Raney
Inspector
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 332
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kris,

I apologize for the newbie comment. I didn't mean in any way that Dave or anyone else did not have the right to post there. I couldn't think of a better word at the moment. What I was trying to express was why would anyone not want to get to know people before they assume we would understand their humor.

Dave,

I was definitely not crying. I was trying to keep the world from sucking so much. About the Mike thing, I work with 12 different Mike's. Also, When me mum says Mike instead of Michael or Mikey, I'm about to get me arse whipped, even at my ripe old age. No one calls me Mike.

Mikey

Kris Law
Inspector
Username: Kris

Post Number: 302
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mikey,

No problem, I wasn't offended, I've just been at the ass-end of the 'newbie' comment myself (sometimes from certain people on this message board who shall remain nameless . . . it'll be just between the two of us, right Ally?) so I know what it's like.

-K

Paul Jackson
Inspector
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 186
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hay dave

if yoo thank montys grammr spelin and punkchooashun is bad yoo awt to cee mine haha

Just for jollies, wouldn't you?

Paul

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 4:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dave,

Im so lucky.

From the chap that gave the world 'mehaps' I feel you have no decent ground to stand on when pointing out spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes.

Besides, I was in an Irish mood....or possibly French. But I shall keep the speling/grammar/punctuation mistakes in. Give you something to live for.

Haiku doesnt rhyme ? No $hit. What was I thinking of when I stated that you wouldnt be stumped while tryig to make it rhyme? I must watch my sarcasam.

Speaking of your sarcasm/humour, it funny? Now Im really glad you pointed this out to slo Monty from the ol country, because I just couldnt see it. I just saw provokative turgid drivel of which you now have 281 post to make up.

For the sake of Kris thread I shall now depart, never to return (whats that cheering I hear from across the water?). I shall nowe leave you to have the inevitable last, houmouress, sarcastic "O Monty" word.

Have a nice day now.

Monty
:-)

PS Validity of my humour. Not being picky, nor sad, just helping you along. Its my way

PPS Whats with the PS's anyway ?

PPPS Kris, I apologise for hijacking your thread. It does sadden me that I am not on your list but I am glad Im on Daves. I feel kinda lucky he has chosen me for special attention.
Our little group has always been and always will until the end...

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 5:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can W.B Yeats go on the list pretty please, even in the afterlife? I just learned that he went to the same school as me from 1875-1880 when it was just boys (it's just girls now, I was there from 1965-1971), and his timetable, drawn up by Willie Yeats himself, included the following:

Scripter
Riting
Inglish
Gramar
Arithmithic

To the end of his days, Willie wrote 'exhausted' as 'exausted'. (Tut tut, mutters Disgusted Caz of Hammersmith.)

Have a great weekend all, on or off someone's list.

Love,

Caz
X

Kris Law
Inspector

Post Number: 304
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,

I'm pretty sure Yeats the was the first person on the list, in fact he may have started the list himself . . .

-K

Dave
Detective Sergeant
Username: Dave

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

I was under an influence when I typed those messages and yet they STILL were better than yours.

I never said I don't make mistakes, but at least mine will still be legible... and yours will not. Not that it really bothers me.... it saddens me. Saddens me to know that you can't even be bothered to try.... or maybe you are? If you are, I apologize. Must be tuff.

- DVW

p.s. Some gits will try to rhyme haiku and I honestly thought you were crying for help as you seem the type.

p.p.s. ... bye Monty! I know I'll miss your fascinating interpretation of English.

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 696
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi .
LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????????????
What ever it is.......want to be on it!!!
Cheers
suzi x

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector
Username: Severn

Post Number: 767
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi,its good to see you back!}

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1717
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, talking about having a field day with the clip-arts. :-)
I've always liked that cat, because of how it swings its tail.

What bl****ng list????? I don't get it.

All the best
Glenn Gustaf Lauritz Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector
Username: Severn

Post Number: 769
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ssshhh Glenn,its all gone very quiet!Mustn"t disturb....

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1719
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ssssssh... OK... :-)

All the best
Crime historian, Sweden

Kris Law
Inspector

Post Number: 306
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi,

You are most assuredly on my list . . . you were the first person to talk to me on this here message board.

and Glenn,

You are on the list even if you don't want to be, if only for the pince-nez. Kudos!

-K

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1720
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Kris,
I'm proud to be on the list even though I don't have a clue what it's about. :-)

I've had the pince-nez now for five years; they're from 1900-1910, but with my own glasses put in, naturally. The best and most practical glasses I've ever had - they don't do smart stuff like that today, that's for sure. Thanks for the kudos.

All the best

(Message edited by Glenna on May 01, 2004)
Crime historian, Sweden

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 702
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HEY AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FLATTERED CHAPS!!!!!!!! Hello Glenn (darling!) and Kris et al and of course Nats!!!!!!!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm suzi xxxxxxxxxgood to be back!!!!!

Richard Brian Nunweek
Chief Inspector
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 849
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Am I on your list, it will certainly make a change not to receive junk mail[ from racing pundits] who because of my involvement in the racing profession have me on their list for attempting to intice me to send them money for imformation, which amuses me, for i am in the position to know more then them.
Richard.

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 703
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn!!!!!
Who cares.....its fun!!!
x suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2417
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Please don't let him put me on the list, Captain Mainwaring."

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 706
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dont tell 'em your name Pike!!!
Suzi

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 4:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn,

THE list !!

Monty

(Message edited by monty on May 04, 2004)

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 4:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dave,

You dont have to tell me how sad you are.

I can tell.

Monty.

PS I tried Kris....honest I did.

PPS Mr Popular, hows the favourite curry recipe thread going ?

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 1096
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 6:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dave,

Oh, for pity's sake, shut up.

Kris,

I feel I should be on said list even though I have no idea what it is for and may be signing myself up for things unknown.

Monty,

Is it just me or has Dave not contributed on the serious threads at all?

Sarah
Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to
Smile too much and the world will guess

Kris Law
Inspector

Post Number: 312
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah,

You are on my list. Have no fear.

-K

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kris,

You are on my list. Have no fear.

Well as long as it's some sort of hit list, then that's fine.

Suzi,

I said on another thread but I don't know if you read it but I said that I hope you don't mind me pinching what you said and adding it to my signature.

Big hugs to everyone...just because I'm in that mood.

Sarah
Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to
Smile too much and the world will guess

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 712
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Sarah!!!
Dont mind!!! God must take more water with it eh.....good line that!!.....how about adding....Smile even more and the person who made you smile has just emailed you!!
Cheers
Suzi

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.