Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Welcome to our Newest Members Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Welcome to our Newest Members « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1750
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 3:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Nats
Nats and I struggle through and on a good day
we get some sooooperb artwork ...'eh Nats xx
Hi Jane again...................... dont be afraid to post eh?

Nina..Will check!!!!!!

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1751
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 3:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nina!
Have just checked...sure it's great idea but am staying in here!!!!

Suzi

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 246
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 3:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome,Jane! Don't be scared--we hardly ever bite. Just ask Adam.

I'm so glad to hear that you're interested in pictures. I've been thinking there should be a place on the site where all the pictures and maps are together but I daren't mention it since I'm sure it would be tons of work and I wouldn't be able to contribute, being pretty hopeless at advanced computer stuff.

Mags

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 3722
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 3:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the drinks cards info. Is there any chance of them doing a biscuit version of that?

Suppose some woman wants to spike my tea so she can have her wicked way with me. I just look the other way for. say, two or three hours, then I dunk a digestive, and if it doesn't change colour, well....at least I get to eat the biscuit.

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 6:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ROBERT!
NEVER EVER trust a Digestive I say!!!!!!,...or tea!!!!!!!!

lol

Suzi

Nina Thomas
Inspector
Username: Nina

Post Number: 211
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 7:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,

A biscuit version of a drinking card, very original idea you have there!

Nina

Frank van Oploo
Inspector
Username: Franko

Post Number: 408
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 8:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jane,

A warm welcome to you!

There’s really no need to be scared or feel guilty at all. It’s obvious from your fine post that you’re not dangerous (if we were ever to think like that), but rather quite the opposite. And you’re certainly not the only one who’s a bit eccentric around here, I think!

To bad you’re stuck at home for health reasons. With a background like yours, I’m sure your posts will be much more useful than you think and I’m looking forward to your visuals (I’m also quite a pictures person myself). Enjoy yourself here.

All the best,
Frank

"Every disadvantage has it's advantage."
Johan Cruijff

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1762
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 8:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He he!
Right must be time for the first tea and biscuit of the day I feel..after all back to work(AAAAGH) on Tuesday!!!!!!!
Meanwhile........
Suzixx --Jane get in touch eh?

Jane Coram
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 2:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you so much for your warm welcome.
I haven't slept since I posted it, I was so terrified! I do feel much better now I've taken my bravery pill. My membership form is on it's way and I hope that I'll be registered in a couple of days.
Now I'm going to have to ask a favour. I have lots and lots of visual reconstructions to post.
I've been working on them over the months and they have piled up a bit. I have colour ups of most of the murder scenes, using old photos, I have gone a bit mad and done some reconstructions of Miller's Court from all angles and and I'm working on the others right now, including an interior of 13 Miller's Court. The most seriously deranged thing I've done is to reconstruct what the victims might have really looked like from the mortuary photos and illustrations from the time. Obviously I will only post one at a time, at sensible intervals, but I would like to test the water by posting a colour up of the backyard of 29 Hanbury Street. Where is the best place to stick it (polite answers only please!) I know how to do it, how big etc.,but what's the best thread?

Have a great new year
best wishes
Jane

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 2663
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jane,

This indeed seems really interesting and I sure look forward to your contributions, believe me.

One advice would to
a) create your own thread for this on the General Discussion main page, so that your contributions don't drown in all the other stuff.

Or
b) create a thread in relation to that actual victim (on the Victims threads), like the back yard on Hanbury Street on a thread belonging to Chapman.

As you know, a picture cant be larger than 600 X 600 in resolution size if it's going to be possible to post it here and it must be saved in jpeg or jpg format (I supoose you know this already anyway, but it can't hurt to repeat it).

All the best
G, Sweden

(Message edited by Glenna on January 03, 2005)
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Frank van Oploo
Inspector

Post Number: 411
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jane,

I think the best place for your visuals (both murder scenes and 'portraits') would be under 'Victims' and the appropriate victim. If there isn't an appropriate thread already, you can always start a new thread, which you might want to call: 'Polly Nichols visuals' or something. I think I would start new threads altogether, but of course, you may do what you think is best.

Hope this helps.
Frank
Johan Cruijff

Frank van Oploo
Inspector

Post Number: 412
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see you've beaten me to it, Glenn!
Johan Cruijff

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2665
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree, Frank.
That is probably the best solution, as I see it.

All the best,
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2666
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope those are the correct fingers, Frank... :-)

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3748
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jane

All those visuals sound great. Looking forward to them.

Robert

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 3:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi jane,
Serious stuff , i cant wait, most of us can discuss the case in detail but to see colour ups of the murder scenes and interior of millers court and room 13, will be a facinating experience.
Its similar to watching colour footage of world war two, it brings the whole experience more up to date .so to speak.
Welcome once again Jane.
Richard.

Frank van Oploo
Inspector

Post Number: 415
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 4:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see what you mean Glenn, but no, the text going with the pic was clearly '2thumbsup'. The one you might mean looks like this: . Clearly different.

I'll save that for the insult thread!

Best,
Frank
Johan Cruijff

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2673
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 5:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hahahaha,

Yes, that's right, Frank.
I mixed them up. :-)

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 6:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jane,
I got your message through Suzi and you can ofcourse---glad the images were of help and thanks a lot for your kind words!
Look forward very much to seeing all your visuals and to reading your thoughts on the ripper!
Natalie
ps when it all gets too much just think about how gorgeous Johnny Depp was in From Hell!

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1789
Posted on Friday, January 07, 2005 - 3:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Down Nats!!!!
Easy Tiger!!!...........Anyway He's MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 270
Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane-- have you posted anything yet? Where are you going to put them? Can't wait!
Mags

Jane Coram
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 1:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Maria,

I have got quite a lot of stuff ready to post.
Suzi and Natalie are helping me find my feet until I get myself sorted out. Until my registration form gets through (I think the carrier pigeon was shot down over the Atlantic) my posts are delayed, so I thought it best to wait until I was legitimate so that I could post in the right order. Suzi kindly offered to post a couple of my victims pics on the site in one of her posts until then, if that's possible,so you might see something imminently. I'll give it a bit longer and if my form doesn't turn up, I'll resubmitt it.

Best wishes

Janexxx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1814
Posted on Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 4:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane!!!!!!!!!
Great to see you onthe boards!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the biggest open air lunatic asylum in the world!!!! will call ya tomorrow!!!!!

Suzi xx

Jane
Police Constable
Username: Jcoram

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 7:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,
Yippee! I'm legitimate. I'm going to try and upload a picture to the artwork thread in the creative section. I have a feeling it's going to be mess, but I'll keep trying until I get there.

best wishes

jane

xxxxx

Jane
Police Constable

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 8:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Okay that didn't work. What am I doing wrong?
It's in jpg format with .jpg after the title. It's 112k, only 333 x 390 pix, but it's disappeared along with the post. Is there a time delay posting pics or am I going senile? or both?
Help!!!!

Jane

ps I'm on a Mac that wouldn't make a difference would it? Jpgs are universal aren't they?

Robert Clack
Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 404
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 8:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jane

Firstly welcome aboard.

Secondly, I'm not sure what your problem is. The file format jpeg is okay, the dimensions okay, but my photos are usually between 48kb and 68kb. So that may be the difference. When you preview do you get 'The files you ar attaching are to big, you need to resize' or something like that.

All the best

Rob

Jane
Police Constable

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 9:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,

No,

When I post I get a number allocated and it seems okay, I'll try lowering the compression, and reduce the size a bit and see if that works, thanks.

Jane

George Hutchinson
Police Constable
Username: Philip

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boo! Hi folks. After a fortnight of being a smelly guest I am now a smelly member! Thanks to Spry for all his help. I've even made up a nice profile too! Now I shall become the monster I was always intended to be. Haa haa haaaaa!

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Jane
Police Constable

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 2:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi George,
As a newbie myself, welcome.

I always knew you did it! If I catch you lurking around my door for 3 quarters of an hour, I'll set my cats on you!

All the best

Jane

Robert Clack
Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 407
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phillip

Welcome aboard.

Rob

George Hutchinson
Police Constable

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 2:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did for Prater's, and I'll do for yours!

Nina Thomas
Inspector

Post Number: 219
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 2:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Philip,

Hiding my cats!

Nina

Philip L. Hill
Police Constable
Username: Phil

Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 3:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I make my first post as a "legal" user of Casebook, a sincere thank you to all of you who have encouraged me to join, and made me feel so welcome in my first weeks among you.

It really was kind of you, and has been VERY much appreciated.

I hope I didn't make myself too much of a bore during Kitty's stay with us.

I look forward to getting to know you all much better and to making good friends in the weeks and months ahead.

Thanks again,

Phil

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 3:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome Phil,look forward to some scintillating
posts!
All the Best
Natalie

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1409
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 3:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A big welcome too to Philip[George Hutchinson]

and formally to Jane!

We should be having some really exciting posts in the next months
Natalie

George Hutchinson
Police Constable

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 3:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why, thank you!

How confusing must it be to have 2 Philip's join on the same day?! I'm glad that Philip Hill (oh God, we are both Philip H's as well!) is happy to be Phil, as I think I would have to remove my own uterus (if I had one) had I had to be anything other than Philip (Rob C - I'm a 1 'L' Philip, which should make message posting a nanosecond quicker!).

I wish I had a tiny fraction of Jane's artistic talent! Unfortunately my contributions are going to be telling out-of-the-area members about the locations today and posting new and old pictures of the sites. Boring!

PHILIP

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3836
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 3:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane I've already welcomed. Also welcome Phillip, and welcome Phil, who has been unregistered for so long that I thought we had another David Radka among us.

Robert

George Hutchinson
Police Constable

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 3:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PHILIP. PHILIP. PHILIP.

Thanks for the welcome, Robbert.

PHILIP

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2757
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 4:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hahahaha....
I just love you guys...

Finally, Phil!
Welcome. We were nearly about to roll in the red carpet again. Glad you made it.
Looking forward to your continuing contributions.
Now, constable... the office floors needs to be cleaned...

An official welcome also to the talented artist Jane!
Indeed looking forward to more of your stuff as well.

Philip,
Another official welcome. And no one with at least a bit of sanity would call your contributions so far boring!
But hey... haha... go easy on the cats, eh...? :-)
You know, Phil has too cats as well, and we wouldn't want you to get into trouble...

All the best
G, Sweden
"Well, do you... punk?"
Dirty Harry, 1971

Nina Thomas
Inspector

Post Number: 220
Posted on Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 4:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the boards!

Nina

Philip L. Hill
Police Constable

Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 1:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you all. I am more than happy to be PHIL - it's what i am usually called anyway.

Dunno why I got the whole pallaver as my screenname!!

Phil

George Hutchinson
Sergeant

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 6:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil. I didn't like my username so I e-mailed Steve and he came right back with info on how to change it. If you go to the EDIT PROFILE page you can easily change your registered name at the top of each entry straight away.

PHILIP

PS : I would just like to welcome myself too.

Philip L. Hill
Police Constable

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Philip. Much appreciated. I might just do that.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.