Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

GREAT INJUSTICE - NANCY SMITH & JOSEP... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Other Mysteries » GREAT INJUSTICE - NANCY SMITH & JOSEPH ALLEN « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 428
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have just watched a programme called Guilty or Innocent. This episode dealing with the case of Nancy smith and Joseph Allen. From what I have seen and read about this case it would appear that a massive injustice has been done.

I would urge you to go to this site:
http://members.shaw.ca/imaginarycrimes/smith&allen.htm

and read about the case for yourself.

If you agree that an injustice has been done perhaps you will do what I am doing and write to Nancy Smith to show your support.

Her address is:

Nancy Smith
#W034304
c/o Ohio Reformatory for Women
1479 Collins Ave.
Marysville, OH 43040

Many thanks

Bob Hinton

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3335
Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bob-

Have read and re- read this case since you posted and am put,as you said, very much in mind particularly of the Orkney/Cleveland cases re the alleged Satanic abuse etc etc .

However,despite the fact that I have to detatch myself from thinking of 'The Crucible', the undoubted injustice screams out here!

Angel Powell, (a name indeed),is I feel, IMHO the link here,whatever her relationship with Joseph Allen,something doesn't sit right with her statement.

Now,as to the jurors commenting that children DONT lie about these matters and details...In most cases this is true,but this isn't the Orkney or Cleveland case were talking about here,it's of a climate where Mothers rehearse their offspring to pick out 'guilty' citizens,for reasons best known to themselves,but with disasterous effect.

I have worked with children involved in cases such as this and although MOST of the time children stick to the facts, there are cases ,where children,either owing to fear,confusion or pressure of some kind, will invent 'facts' which somehow seem to be incredibly believable to jurors. Why this should be,is worrying...maybe it's what the jurors would prefer to believe,that the dastardly defendant is a child abusing satanist,rather than someone who under the amount of press coverage and demonisation (!),rather than an innocent person,caught up in something that has taken on a life of its own.

I am writing to Nancy,not with any thoughts as to the case but merely as a letter of support and to offer the hand of friendship and as someone on the end of a letter

Come on everyone,this poor woman needs every sort of support,love and friendship she can get

Suzi

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 430
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 3:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Suzi,

I couldn't agree more. It was also very disturbing to hear the taped transcripts of the interview with one of the children.

She was asked repeatedly if she was touched by Nancy and Joseph and she kept saying no she wasn't.

She was even asked if they had touched her in a bad place or on her privates. She again denied this. The tape was switched off. When it was switched on again the little girl now answered 'Yes' to all the questions she had previously answered 'no' to.

A more blatant case of coercion I have yet to hear about.

Bob

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3342
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Bob-
I must say here that in the cases where children have been questioned here re 'private' or 'bad 'parts'they invariably speak the TRUTH 100%.. its only when they are questioned re details they don't understand they become confused........they know inherently what is 'bad' and will make a comment that it was BAD....have no doubt about that, but when questioned there is often a confusion.........usually through lack of knowledge (thank God ) or parental coercion.

The West children eventually however 'coughed' but I think this is a different case...in the 'family' is a lot more frightening than these two (as I see it ) detatched people coupled by something I feel that was outside their relationship, by a deal of coniving by people outside of the case...for what reason who knows

Hope that made sense!

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3343
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 3:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Bob-

Have been through 'Happy like Murderers' by Gordon Burn again for some rather 'strong' comments by Fred and Rose's children various...the fact that a lot of unspeakable things were done to the children......they thought it 'normal'......now this says a lot about Fred and Rose of course ,but it does say a lot about how children feel things to be 'normal'.....if brought up in such an unspeakable home as F and R .....BUT the 'average' child has an inbuilt thing about what is 'nice' and 'not nice' shall we say !There are thing that a child doesn't have the language to describe, but just knows it's BAD

NOW WITHOUT COERTION THAT CHILD WOULD HAVE SAID JUST THAT!!!

Sorry chaps!!! Just wanted to say have a look again at this case......

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3344
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 3:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Coercion even!!!!!! sorry about that!!!!!!

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3354
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2005 - 3:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh well looks like there's just the two of us here!!!!!

Sad though

Suzi

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.