Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Amy Robsart Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Other Mysteries » Amy Robsart « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Belinda Pearce
Sergeant
Username: Belinda

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 5:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Murder,suicide or something else ....
http://www.answers.com/topic/robert-dudley-1st-earl-of-leicester

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 658
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wouldn't rule out foul play - a) either Leicester ridding himself of an unwanted obstacle to marriage to the Queen; or b) perhaps more likely, Burleigh or someone in his pay seeking to discredit Leicester and ruin any chances he had of gaining the "crown matrimonial".

But on balance, it could equally have been a fortuitous accident or suicide. though it is strange that Amy was so insistent on being left almost totally alone in the house at Cumnor. So back to (b) above.

Phil

Jeffrey Bloomfied
Chief Inspector
Username: Mayerling

Post Number: 701
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 9:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I have seen the mystery in several books, and I even have a copy of Walter Scott's KENILWORTH to read one day (along with four other Scott novels I have accumulated). There is a theory that Amy's illness was cancer that made her bones brittle, and that in walking down the stairs, she unwittingly caused the bones in her neck to snap.

I'm more inclined to the murder theory, but can't quite decide if Leicester or an enemy of his was behind it.

Jeff

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.